Bennett's sideline play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i guess not giving up your body for the good of the team is the right thing to do, even though we had a qb and rb do that for ten years.
  2. Nine

Nine Starter

Y'know, I wonder if the coaches have told him to avoid taking big hits, even if it means giving up on a play? After all, Bennett isn't the most durable guy around.....had he gone down with an injury, the WR corps would have been Wade, Roby, and....nobody. Everyone else is hurt, and Orr was deactivated.

Not that I'm making excuses for Drew, but those two non-effort plays were ridiculous, with no attempt whatsoever to make a play. Even on his worst day, Drew has never been a guy who just goes through the motions. Surely there has to be some explanation.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

That is a pansy move right there.

If he doesnt wanna get hurt, he can go play golf.
  4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i think drew gets stuck back in QB mode sometimes... forgets he has to take hits
  5. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I used to get really PO'd at Mcnair for sliding. What a wussboy.

:rolleyes:
  6. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Okay, can we then agree to never, ever complain about an injury-ridden team again?
  7. Gunny

irrelivant.

Football is a contact sport, if you don't want to catch a ball or go for it because you're going to get hit, then chess is the game for you.
  8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Considering you're calling for the S&C coach to be fired because of injuries, I'd say it's quite relevant.
  9. Gunny

then you'd be wrong, as injuries and being a pansy are not related.
  10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Live to fight another day could be the motto here. I know Drew isn't the most gifted athlete, and he isn't the type to lay out for a pass. He does get open though and catches a lot of balls. I can live with him missing a "maybe" catch and possibly being injured for 2-3 games. He is more valuable on the field in the long run. QB's can get away with sliding and not making extra yards so they don't get injured.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.