Bennett's sideline play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brian, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I don't know if he's lazy, I think he has the mentality for what he is: a possession #2. He plays like Mason is still on the other side of him and he'll be there whenever it is McNair needs him--and that's the difference: your #1 wr is waiting to make a play, your #2 wr will be there when you throw to him. Your #1 knows that when he's not getting the ball the offense is stalling [Steve Smith], your #2 doesn't feel this pressure--his production is a bonus [Keyshawn].

I'm not really trying to knock Drew here, he is what he is. It's like Joe Jurevicius, he'll always be a good #2 but never a Roy Williams or an Andre Johnson or what Braylon Edwards could be (obviously I'm leaving out the next tier of Holt's and Harrison's b/c it's like saying we should draft a Hall of Famer--what we need is to try and procure a #1 TYPE, that's why I think the Braylon example is accurate: he could still be a boom or bust, but this is with regard to the #1 status. Drew should be judged on #2 status, they're trying to make it seem he's a co-#1, a #1.5, when he clearly is not.)

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

It was a bad call by the officials, plain and simple.

The ball was caught.

The officials should be fined for incompetence, and eliminated from post-season duty.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

From today's Tennessean: "I don't know what that was," Bennett said. "I would have drug my foot if I thought it was even close."

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone who watched the replay at home see him bobbling the ball? It looked clean from Section 108.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

He never bobble it. It was clearly a catch. Even the announcers couldn't believe it when the ref didn't overturn the call.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Drew doesn't pass the ball, he just catches it when it's close. Complain to another member of the team if you think our passing game needs more work.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

drew doesnt catch the ball. the only time he catches the ball is when it hits him directly in the chest, and even then it's iffy. he had an opporunity to make a play on the first deep ball. he just gave up on it. didnt even try to catch.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Easy to be judgemental when you aren't on the field. I am sure if Drew felt he could catch it he would have tried. He is 6'5, not as easy for someone that size to lay out for a pass as say a Steve Smith type guy. He is still our best "go to" receiver when Vince is in trouble, and Vince knows it. If the refs don't blow the call on his last catch this thread probably wouldn't have started.

9. Fry

i dont know about that. he seems to look for wade and jones more than anyone. the only time he throws to drew is on the deep ball because of his size. damn shame he never tries to catch the ball.

10. Fry

so much for the go-to guy theory.

in vinces four starts:
    bennett- 6 catches 93 yards
    jones- 8 catches 92 yards 1 td
    wade- 7 receptions 111 yards 1 td.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar