Bennett Optimistic About '06 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Not to mention, they had a good QB in Seatle that was throwing to their recievers. At least now we have a reciever that's closer to the #1 recieving mold as opposed to last year when all we had was Bennett. I still don't expect to much out of our WR corp. There is some potential there but we've been saying that about the whole team for the past three years and look where its got us. Nope, this year I'm going pesimistic with the hopes that I'm wrong once again.

2. I excpect a lot out of our recievers this year, not as good as some of the other receiving corps around the NFL, but still a major improvement.

Roby, Williams and perhaps Jones when he recovers should do well this season, even if not playing a major part.

Calico is a ? this season

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd say Jones is more of a ? than Calico for this season. He may not really be able to play full speed until the end of the season. Calico may be on his last year, and he might once again fall short, but he'll definitely play some, and probably be really close to catching some passes that hit him in the hands.

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

That's kinda funny, and true...Still I wouldn't want anyone on the team who doesn't believe ( really believe) that they can win...

5. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I agree we will be much better at the wideouts this year,it will be hard to double more than one and have any chance of covering our TEs but the most important part of improving our passing offense is establishing the run. Last year DBs were able to play well off the line of scrimmage and Lbs didnt really worry about our run game. If we can run the ball effectively DBs have to cheat up and LBs will have to hold their ground on play action and it will slow down the pass rush. The OL and Coaches Fisher, Chow and Munch commitment to the run is the key to having a great passing attack. If Volek has time and receivers running open he can be deadly.

6. smili

smili Starter

Darrell Jackson is a clear #1 in this league imho.

7. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Edit the last word to "stones":brow:

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Titans Way Street at BSP is renamed.....everyone is drinking up:)

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

:lol:

10. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Well....Jones has an ACL tear which means he is going to probably be like calico was this past season...not able to go full speed, except he has more than 1 season to come back from it, id expect Roby to step it up, i like what we saw from him he showed some flashes and i believe if any of the younger recievers steps up that it would be him...who takes the #3 WR position? Calico or Roby....Orr?? I'd say Roby...pending Jones isn't able to go till later next season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar