Bennett gone ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 14, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    70.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i think i'd rather have Kurt Warner than Kerry Collins

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:vince:

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:spit:

im liking some of the new smilies.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

OK, Gunny's keen insight as promted me to ask this question. For all you "don't let the door hit you in the rear Bennett" posters why don't some of you offer post Bennett options? Say we let Bennett walk, who is going to be our "#1" stud next year? And I don't want to hear the B. Jones answer because Jones is already a starting WR on this team. I want to know who is going to take Bennett's place.

Answers such as "go out and get a stud FA" or "draft a big play WR" don't count either without stating names and reasons. These simpleton one liners can get pretty stale.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the easy answer is Brandon Jones
    he's entering his 3rd year and is the incumbent
    even if we get a Stallworth or a Jarrett, I don't think either of those guys would come in and take the #1 position away from Jones

6. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I love Bennett as a fan favorite, but he just didn't seem to make any chemistry with Vince. VY is our fanchise QB, why would we keep Bennett if he isn't putting up good numbers with Vince? I see him going, although I believe it will be a mistake for some odd reason. If we can't find anything in the FA, we'll match the offers and then some. Givens isn't ready, Jones isn't a #1, and our WR core isn't fit enough to help Vince develope. From what I understand we are building around VY, and losing someone that can potentially be a great reciever isn't this teams best option right now. Remember, we have a little money and I'm sure Mike isn't going to be afraid to spend it.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

What????

Ok im a Bennett homer, you can obviously see that, but come on lets get serious, i dont care about the stats here, i care about what theyre bringing to the game
    Jarrett is pure possession reciever, a great rookie athlete with a nose for teh endzone as a reciever
    Stallworth is a great deep ball threat, Bennett is/was considered our deep ball threat, but he doesnt haev the deep ball guy spped, Stallworth does

As for Jones, I like him alot, but idk what to call him, hes just a upcoming reciever right now trying to gell with the defense

And saying that they wouldnt beat him out for the #1 position, youre crazy

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

BJ is the man...

9. Jones will be #1. As for who starts opposite him, I'd say we'll have an open competition for it. I'd bring back Wade, draft a WR in the 2nd-4th rounds, and add to that Roby, Williams, and Orr.

Yes, there will probably be a dropoff at WR if Bennett leaves. But we shouldn't dramatically overpay him like I expect he'll be looking for.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Isn't it about time we started getting value out of the draft picks instead of letting them sit and wait for an injury?

There is no point in drafting 3 WRs, one plays the other two do nothing. Throw em into the fire and see what happens.

You jealous the same message gets across in one line? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar