Bennett Focusing on Staying Healthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As WR Drew Bennett enters his sixth NFL season, the Titans are taking a new approach by only working him once a day. The goal is to keep injury risks to a minimum. "We’ve taken, I think, an intelligent approach early in camp with Drew," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Although he wants to go both practices each day, we’re going to try and rest him and keep in on a one day program, at least for another week or so." Bennett led the Titans in receptions during 2005 with 58 receptions for 738 yards in only 13 games. This year, with the added talent around him, the hope is he can have his best season yet if he can stay healthy. "A healthy Drew Bennett is really special," Titans Wide Receivers Coach Ray Sherman said. "Drew brings a great work ethic. He’s smart. The main thing with him is if we can keep him healthy, he’ll have a tremendous year."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

well this is nice to hear...

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

It means, "Fragile...Handle with care."

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

Thats always a great thing to hear let's hope it doesn't jinx him though.

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Sounds good to me.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Of course it does, Bud! Good to see you stop by, btw.

Bennett is still our best WR. I know some people won't admit that, no matter what I say or show (statistically). But he's the guy you want out there. Givens may be just as good, but he'll have to prove it to me. Right now, I still see Bennett making that Houston play for the win and all the other times he's come up big for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar