Bennett Close to Signing with Rams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Exactly. Bennett has made so many clutch catches for us over the years and hes dropped some.... but you cant be happy about him leaving. Respect the guy for the things hes done for us. He was a good player for us. Hopefully theres a way we can keep him. Hes a good person on and off the field.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Drew was above average.. but McCareins was better, and we still let him go.
    so i'm OK with him leaving. bye... :wave:

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly.

Thanks for the memories, Drew, and good luck.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great..

We lose our leading receiver and our leading rusher at the same time. and with all this talk about getting clements it looks like we won't have him either and maybe pacman won't be here either.

What next trade away vince young?

What the bennett move means is that the rams value him higher than we do and higher than they valued kevin curtis. Someone said that drew won't get what given's got. No, my perspective is that the titans offered him a similar deal to what givens got and he thought he could get more on the open market. Given's deal was worth 4.8M per i guarentee you bennett gets more from the rams.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Drew as a ram..

I wonder if drew wanted to play in a more pass oriented offense. Issac bruce is 35 now and the rams obviously see drew as their #2 WR at least for 08. The last time drew played opposite a top notch WR he had 1200 yards receiving. It can't hurt to have one of the all time greats in tory holt on the other side. Bulger's fantasy value just went up..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mccariens better?

Yeah for one year out of 6.

Both came into the league the same year and in 6 seasons mccareins has produced more yards once in 2003. Bennett has almost 1000 more career yards..

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and both are not top end receivers.

Drew will be easily replaced.

8. Lace those sneakers up boys and show me why we drafted you..:helmet:
    (Roby,Roydell,ORR)

9. BigRob

BigRob Guest

PFT reporting that Rams signed up Bennett

PFT is reporting that Bennett has signed up with the Rams, will be reported shortly.

www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill

10. BigRob

BigRob Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar