Benji Olson Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

We may see a good one cut near training camp as team try to get everyone signed and get under the cap. But who?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh geez..

Loper will be one of our starting OGs. He is big and strong and played very well for us when given the chance. Loper started in the playoff game in olson's place when olson was injured so why does it take so much imagination for him to be there next year?

It was because they liked what they saw in loper that they didn't work harder to keep bell. Personally i wished we had bell and scott because you can never have too many good o-lineman.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have even more cap money now. We save about $8M on the cap with olson's retirement and pacman's almost certain departure. Time to get those deals done for haynesworth and roos. Like now damn it!

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Loper should play pretty well next season.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Benji's play was decreasing for the past year or two. He was a liability last year so him retiring is for the best and saving 8M on the cap is very nice.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:grrhee: I hope Bud decides to give all this wasted cap money we aren't using to the season ticket holders. THAT would be nice!

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you floyd reese..

He drafted bell in 04 in rd 5 and then roos, stewart and loper in 05. Job well done there.

I remember visting camp in 05 and seeing these 3 rookies, huge, white dudes all similar in size. Stewart is the tallest of the 3 and played a lot of guard that day holding his own against haynesworth and beating up starks and some of the fat UFA guys. Roos looked like a 5 year vet out there. Loper was almost more physical even than stewart at RT.

If we let any of these guys get away it will be a crime.

8. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Does anyone know if Mawae is returning next year? I heard he had some harsh words about VY!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I was wondering that as well. His words were not just the generic type about vince having to study more and grow as a player. Mawae said that vince was clueless at times out there and didn't even know what play to run.

I assumed he was gone when i read that..

10. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

Wrong. that is not what was said by Mawae.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar