Bengals release WR Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

FYI there was crime before gangbangin, rap music and the thug lifestyle.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Gangbangin, rap music and the Thug lifestyle is a new name for an old school problem. Gangs have been around since the early 1900s and beyond. Thugs, greasers, bullies, punks, hoodlums ...........samething, different slang.
    Rap music is a hard one to follow. I don't remeber any of my old school music with lines like, 'cop killas', '$#%^@% **#^^&$^ (#*&*' hoe's, b itch es, and all the other artistic language and references.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Gangs have been around since the dawn of time.
    A bit further on they just called them 'religions'.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Old problems with new names. One thing that I've noticed is, my old school punks, greasers did not have the guns that todays gangs do.
    The one thing that amuses me is that some gangs call themselves MAFIA. The truth to the matter is, MAFIA is not a word, or was never meant to be a word. MAFIA is five letters meaning, Mothers And Fathers of Italian Ancestory. It's silly looking at or hearing of Asian gangs (or any other non-Italian gang) being refered to as MAFIA, or the "Asian Mafia". That would mean they're Asian Mothers And Fathers of Italian Ancestory !!??!!

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I don't know where you got that MAFIA was an acronymn, but I think that is an urban legend type of mis-information.The term mafia in Italian means "boldness, bravado" and likely comes from Arabic mahya "aggressive boasting, bragging".

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Yea it all started with that damn Cab Calloway he is the reason we have all this pop culture nonsense.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Indeed. He says "ho" repeatedly in that song.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:
    good god man, i must have :stirpot:

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

perceived racism tends to do that.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

racism ? those are multi-cultural concepts
    it's the ideals at fault more than participants

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar