Bench Collins NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Don't just say the offense did its job and let Collins hide behind CJ. Collins managed to only play an average game even though we were running it down their throat and giving him good pass protection.

We have receivers
    We have a great Oline
    We have a playmaking RB
    We don't have a QB who can help us win games, Collins is just there while CJ and the D try and win the game for us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

What did the jets do to stop Shaub and Andre? last week.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Prolly attempted to cover Andre and at least touch Schaub. IDK why we didn't think of that...

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Collins had 2 turnovers. Isn't that why evrey1 hates Vince? Turnovers? Just saying that people use that stat differently.

5. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

of course you have 9 yd average when you complete a couple of bombs. those plays sucked, but we played way off the ball and were getting abused on slants and comebacks.

anyways, people can think whatever they want about Kerry, but we don't have anything better. he gives us the best chance to win.

and the guy whining saying something about Vince could make the TD throw to CJ, i sure hope so. but Vince couldn't make the endzone throw to Washington.

and from what i saw at the game, Washington never even looked for the ball when Kerry threw the INT.

we didn't lose this game because of our offense. but people with a VY agenda sure do think so. remember that defense that averaged 14 pts a game last year?

edit: i can't believe people are rallying for a guy that couldn't even accept blame in a preseason game and speaks in the third person. furthermore a guy that's shown barely anything in this league minus a highlight scramble in OT.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's just it. I don't see anyone saying Collins put in a great effort today. That doesn't mean he should be benched. THAT'S the only difference I see. If he wore number ten, his number of chances would be unlimited.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Collins did do great, for 3 quarters. Then when the pressure mounted, he folded, as usual. It's almost predictable at this point.

It sounds ridiculous, but I'd be in favor for starting KFC for 3 quarters, then putting in Vince in tight games. Vince seems to rise in the big moments, while he may not be a very good QB, he is effective in the 4th and clutch, no doubt about that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

We lost to the F'in Texans. In Tennessee? WTF? That was just plain weak. It makes me sick to see us piss the game away like that. CJ was balling outta control and no one else stepped up at all. If the locker room starts calling for Vince then Fisher just might have to give in and play him.

9. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

lol if the locker room calls for Vince?

i dont think that's going to happen. remember when Vince tried to quit on them last year and refuse to play? ever heard when Vince deflects blame and puts it on other players?

you're not going to hear that.

10. petergriffin16

petergriffin16 Starter

@The KC Hate

I have always followed one philosophy when it comes to the key to winning football games.

If you score 20+ points and lose, it's your defense's fault, and it was. Kerry Collins played a great game save for the fumble at the end, which is a mistake and mistakes will happen. He's turned the ball over a few times trying to get the team back in it, but the fact is, Houston should have NEVER scored 34 points and should have never been in the game. They scored off of blown coverages and a TERRIBLE defensive pass interference call. If I know the rules about pass interference, it's interfering with a defender or receivers' right to the ball. Harper had the position on the ball and was interfered by Andre Johnson. Jacoby Jones' touchdown was no good, and was the exact same situation as the raiders had last week.

KC is NOT the reason the Titans lost. They lost from bad officiating and blown coverages. Despite the bad calls, had coverages not been blown the bad calls would have not even been critical to the game's outcome.

0-2 is very much not the end of the world. If I remember correctly this team from Tennessee almost made the playoffs after starting 0-5. You don't win Super Bowls at the beginning of the season, you win them by making runs towards the end of the season. Look at last season, 10-0 start, got too arrogant, got to :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:y, and gave the game away in the playoffs. This season, I WANT this team to lose some games, I WANT this team to have to EARN it's wins, because when the playoffs start, everyone's 0-0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar