Bench Amano; Start Velasco!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Can we all agree that Eugene Amano is terrible? We wasn't horrible when he played LG and Mawae was starting C. However, he hasn't shown me anything in two years that prooves he should be a starting NFL center. We gave him a 5yr/$26.2M, which is extremly over-paying him.

Can we start Velasco and see how he does at starting? He looked pretty solid against the Browns when he filled in. Everytime Velasco plays, he impressed me.

I'm tired of Amano, and his terrible play. Who agrees?

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i think we should demote Amano from the center position and give someone else a try there.... im not ready to entirely write Amano off though... I want to see if he still has anything left at guard since that's where he had earned his money..

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

A potential Harris-Amano position swap?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

possibly.... but i agree... amano at center is not working out for us...

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Anyone notice that when Harris left the game and Velasco went in the run blocking was better? Maybe Amano isn't the guy that needs to be replaced. Think about it, since Harris has come into the starting lineup we have not had consistent blocking in the run game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As long as we're winning, I'm content. I got all over Chris Johnson on twitter last week, kinda surprised he hasn't blocked me.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Has anyone heard anything further on Harris's injury? Velasco might get more playing time this week if he can't go.

But I agree I've always thought Velasco would be better at Center and move Amano or Harris to guard.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It sounds awful but when Harris was down, I was hoping it was Amano lol. Velasco has always impressed me too and I'd be cool if he got a chance over Amano at C.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

The sad thing is that I just assumed Munch knew the real deal and was trying to be politically correct. After seeing his statement that they made progress this week and it's just a matter a time, I now know he has no clue. Is CJ more timid? Seems like it but wouldn't you be too if every time you ran you got smashed somewhere between the backfield and three yards up? The coaches think its a CJ conditioning issue but in reality its a CJ self- preservation problem because he has no blocking in the middle of the line.

We made progress this week because we played the freakin browns. Munchak is killing me here. I mean if you can't see it from the sidelines then surely you can see it on tape.

10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Oh and a side note for CJ: After that money he took, he doesn't deserve to be cautious. I expect him to hit the line rolling even knowing he's about to get hit by a Mack truck.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar