Ben Tate to Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TackHammer56, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If you can stick Arian Foster back there and light it up like that, yeah, you can stick pretty much anyone back there.

This coming from a Vols fan.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm sorry that is just dumb. Anybody who has watched this guy play can see he is a dominant player not just some average back running through huge holes. He cuts across the grain as well as any back and he makes great cuts in the open field. He has excellent vision and run hard.

He's not supposed to be fast at all but people don't catch him easily.

He's also an excellent receiver.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7KkB6s7Mj8"]Best of Arian Foster 2011-2012 Season - YouTube[/ame]

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duh yes it is i looked it up. Did you think the numbers i quoted, the $5M+ salary was from Foster's rookie deal? He was not even drafted.

His salary numbers the next 3 seasons...$5M, $5.25M, $5.75M

Tate's salary the next 3 years.. $490K, $575K, free agent 2014..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Foster has almost 500 carries more than Tate and is 2 years older than Tate.

Next month Foster turns 26 and Tate turns 24.

Bottom line is that Tate is better than almost any back you could get with the 22nd pick in the draft. He is a known commodity and he is dirt cheap and very young.

If Foster goes down from injury they don't miss a beat. My guess is that in 2014 Tate becomes the starting RB.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Especially considering Ward's retirement. Only two horses left in Houston in the backfield.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He's just bitter, don't mind him. We Vols fans are used to this... some guy plays in knoxville, and is just ok, then all of a sudden, the light up the combine, or become the best back in the NFL, and we wonder... where was that?!! Then we badmouth our coaches.

Another prime example of this phenomenon is Meachem, Robert. He ran a 4.3 at the combine? Since when could he do that?!

7. b0ng

b0ng Offseason Blues

This doesn't sound like sour grapes at all! Especially since you see him twice a year.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

He does the things well that every running back from D1 to the NFL can (should) do well.

Trust me; I was there when he was at UT, he was a mid draft talent. His fumble problem got him undrafted. He has no impressive tangibles ( being seemingly crazy is his best intangible, which is an underrated advantage). Credit his success to the offense he plays in.

In this NFL, the 10 guys on the field with the RB are more important than the RB himself. All you need(key word) is a running back with good intangibles.

I like Ringer because he is currently the only back on roster willing to run straight. Get the blocking fixed and he would be the best running back on the team production-for-dollar.

I don't see how people can't look at AF and tell me CJs money isnt best spent elsewhere.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

See above. I like Arian Foster allot. He's crazy, I like that, but I can still see his ability objectively. It's a compliment. You don't need to pay some running back, the most expendable position in the game, big time money.

And you sure as hell shouldn't if you can't even protect him (CJ and AP)

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Foster is one of the best RBs in the league period. nyone saying anything less has no clue. His vision (outstanding finding the lanes), balance nd speed are right up there with anyone. I'm as surprised as you are after watching him at UT but this isn't the sme guy. Judge him compared to all the other real good RBs in the league and he is right there with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar