Before we rid ourselves of VY consider this...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Keep in mind, he'll be playing against second and third teams.

Hopefully Fisher will start him in a couple of the preseason games, so we can see what he does against starters.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

:rotfl:

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I dont see VY going anywhere anytime soon, I think Jeff and the Front office want him to hit the field again with Tennessee

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He showed a lot his rookie year as far as skills go. He had like 10 pass deflections.
    To put that in perspective: Nnamdi Asomugha hasn't had that many in either of his last 2 seasons.
    Jones also had more tackles his rookie year than Nnamdi has had the last 2 seasons.

So whoever was doubting his SKILLS at that time was well... not very observant. But I think most were critical of his mental mistakes at the time...and forever more for that matter.

But- skills and play have never been the problem for Pacman. It has been for Vince. Apples and oranges.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That's the $64,000 question right there.
    That is the hingepin on which VY's future here swings.

However, that said; I'm willing to bet that McNair's death may have been the last nail in the coffin of his wishy-washy youthful mentality. I hate that it took something like that, but I hope that it snapped him out of that and made him realize he needs to focus on the things at hand and get it done.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No team is ever going to trade for Vince, and certainly not a divisional opponent (and one with a far superior QB in Schaub). Vince's salary is that of an elite starting QB and no team will take on that cap hit. If (when) his days with the Titans are done, he will be cut, not traded.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If Vince reduces turnovers and still has his run game, he's better than Collins.

He doesn't have to improve yardage, or completion percentage or anything else. The difference is only turnovers.

If he CAN'T fix that, then he's done for.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

IMO, the way he fixes that is to start at the foundation...his mentality/maturity level.

He'll reduce his turnovers by learning to read the defense better and make quicker and better decisions. He'll learn to make better decisions by humbling himself and listening to what his coaches tell him and applying it.
    He'll learn (and it looks like he's started already) to humble himself and listen to his coaches by growing up and shifting his paradigm.

It almost seemed like his 'glory' as a Longhorn gave him the idea that he didn't need anymore coaching and that his transition to the NFL would be seamless. Hopefully that mindset has been stripped off him and he can learn.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

For the first time in my life I wish I was in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar