Before the 'Oilers' became the 'Titans'..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No they haven't.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Idk, the Tennessee Oilers just doesn't quite have the same ring to it

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

titans is a nice classic name, that should last. There was no better choice when you look back on it. The problem is the logo is not classic. It does not sell.

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The logo should be the "secondary logo", the Sword that is featured. I also have a idea about making the staduim experience a little more exciting and also using the whole greek myth with the Titans which my understanding plays with Nashville because of the "athens" of the south nickname. Now I have stated this before but hang in there if you have heard me rant about this before, you know how the bucs have their pirate ship right? What if the Titans played on the greek myth a little more and put up a olympic torch type of thing over one of the scoreboards. The flame stays lit just like the olympic flame but when the Titans score instead of a few fireworks like we and everyother team in the NFL has, a little more fuel is released making a fireball shoot upwards, I am sure there is a chemical that could be added so that it would be seen well in the daylight and imagine the show during the sure to happen primetime games with VY.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Yep i agree! that would be sweet.

Now if i'm not mistaken, Titan(s) refers to a race of powerful Gods that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. If that is so, why the hell do we have a racoon as our mascot! Now imagine we had this guy as a mascot riding around LP in a white horse...

[​IMG]

and i like the torch touch, however it wouldn't go well with our stadium design. If i was responsible for the designs for the Titans, i would turn LP into a greek colliseum with large greek doors and pillars etc.. and the torch TT mentioned would be a delightful touch.

6. Big TT

The chiefs once had (during the 60's at least) a warpainted indian riding horse called "warpaint" if memory serves. I am not sure when they stopped doing that but I liked it.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That looks like Poseidon?

8. Big TT

I don't think Titans were Gods but rather a race of giants near equals of the gods.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

C'mon. You are more creative than that. ;)

I can come up with at least 30 different nicknames for those body parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar