Before the 'Oilers' became the 'Titans'..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Back in 99 many tags were introduced other than the 'Titans'.. one of my favorites was 'Troopers' and i really like that title and thought it had a nice ring to it.. "Tennessee Troooooopers!!"..

Now that i'm used to the 'Titans' i cant imagine them being named anything else, and even "troopers" sounds silly now. I'm glad they weren't given that name.. :ha:

What names did you like?
    Do you currently have another name/title you would prefer other than the 'Titans'..
  2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I liked the Cobras or whatever state snake they thought of naming them. There was also grizzlies or whatever the state bear was. I remember even hearing the raccoons. I never liked Titans. For one, if the Patriots become the Pats, the Buccaneers become the Bucs, then it's only natural that the Titans become the ****!
  3. The Mrs

^^^^See the Titan's nickname is a banned word! Which brings me to another pet peeve of mine, why is my natural body part a banned word? Huh Titan Jeff? Are you saying it's vulgar? That just ain't right!
  4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

classic! :biglaugh: :spit:
  5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I remember Copperheads being a popular alternative. I also remember the cheezy name Pioneers floating around. One of the less popular names that I really liked was Red Wolves. Unfortunately, right around that time period, the National Park Service had tried to reintroduce Red Wolves in the Smokies and it didn't work out.
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Tennessee Gunny's...it didn't hold.
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I had a concept campaign for the Tennessee Twisters (Tornadoes)
    including helmet designs. shortly after presenting it, the Tornado came through downtown and that was the end of it

I even had a mascot and stadium gimmick
    the mascot was Taz
    and the gimmick was the 'Vortex', a variation of the wave that included stomping and timed whistling (which gave an impression of being inside of a tornado)

I hadn't really nailed down a color scheme, but was using Silver / Black and Cobalt Blue

something similar to this :[​IMG]
  8. The Mrs

Puck, I can't stand you right now! The Vortex? Stomping and timed whistling by a crowd!? I really can't stand you right now!
  9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

those jerseys are pretty sweet looking tho
  10. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

I would have just preferred to keep the original Oilers name, but thats just me.

Have the Titans ever worn Oilers throwbacks? I think it would be cool to do against the Texans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.