Beau Brinkley looks to keep low profile

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

In the four seasons he spent as a long-snapper at the University of Missouri, Beau Brinkley wasn’t exactly the most well known guy on campus. That was just fine with Brinkley, who’d prefer to keep the same level of anonymity in Tennessee as he steps into to replace Ken Amato, the Titans’ nine-year long-snapping veteran who was not re-signed.

“I snapped at Mizzou for four years and I never wanted anyone to know my name. That’s always been the case,” Brinkley said. “If somebody knows my name, it means I must not be doing my job right. So I’d like to keep anonymous and keep doing what I’m doing, and provide this team with a good long snapper for awhile.”

Through the first couple weeks of training camp, Brinkley is getting good reviews from a critical evaluator – punter Brett Kern. “He’s a really good long-snapper,” Kern said. “He can really fire it back. He’s really accurate, which is a great thing … He’s definitely got the talent and ability to do it.”

Brinkley says the biggest challenge so far is learning the blocking schemes. Missouri used a spread punt formation in which the snapper released the ball and almost immediately headed upfield for coverage.

“It’s quite a bit of difference, but my teammates are helping me out,” Brinkley said. “They have faith in me and Brett has faith in me, and I’m just trying to do my best, learn the scheme as quickly as possible. It’s beginning to come to me a little bit. I’m learning more, and seeing guys out there on the scout team helps me out a bunch because I can visually see it and not just hear it.”

Brinkley understands the responsibility that comes with replacing a long-time veteran such as Amato.

“I know Kenny’s been here for some-odd years and really been doing a great job, not made any mistakes or anything,” Brinkley said. “I just want to try to come in here and do just as good as him if not better, try to provide this team with confidence in the long-snapping. I want to get the job done at a high level, so it will be a positive for the special teams.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

A long snapper story... really...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I didn't account for him making the 53 man roster..

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Anybody can long snap, such an overrated thing

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I sincerely hope that was meant to be sarcastic

6. JCBRAVE

Long snapping is the easiest thing to do in football. Donnie Nickey might make a comeback long snapping.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

My 53 man roster:

QB - Hass/Locker/Smith
    RB - CJ/Ringer/Harper
    FB - Johnson
    WR - Britt/Washington/Wright/D-Will/Hawkins/Mariani
    TE - Cook/Stevens/Thompson
    LT - Roos/Otto
    LG - Harris
    C - Velasco/Matthews
    RT - Stewart/Stingily
    RG - Hutchinson/Durand

DE - Wimbley/Ball/Solomon
    Morgan/Egboh

DT - Casey/Smith
    Martin/Klug/Douzable

WLB - Witherspoon/Brown
    OLB - Ayers/McRath
    MLB - Mccarthy/Shaw

CB - Mccourty/Hawkins/Sensabaugh
    Verner/Campbell

FS - Griffin/Martin
    SS - Babineaux/Johnson

K - Bironas
    P - Kern
    LS - Brinkley

I cut Bailey the LB because I figure we carry 6 WR, 9 OL, 5 DT, 5 DE, 5 CB and already have 6 LB's without Bailey. I also figure Vlachos, Morris, Devan, Kropog, Sheppard, Marks, Divens, Harris, Dawson, Diles, Malast, Wheatley, Mouton & Francisco & Afalava won't make the team.

Now if Britt doesn't count towards a roster spot at the beginning of the year, Bailey will make the team due to his special teams ability. I can see Kropog making it over Stingily.

But I think Marks, Sheppard, Diles, Malast & Mouton are gone.

8. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

im actually glad to hear this story
    long snapper is an underrated position (not saying its a top position but it does have value when people think its a cake job) and i wasnt sure how things would go after losing a long time vet
    glad to hear hes doing well

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

You think we carry 10 D-Linemen? That's a lot. Smith sucks BTW

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's a LS....... how can you not be LOW PROFILE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar