Beating the Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titansfan12, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

We can do it. We have to get off to a good start and keep it close if not it can get out of hand early. Getting a lead early and taking advantage will be big for us. IIRC Hasselbeck had a great game against them in the playoffs last year and knocked them out. I really feel like CJ has gotten his groove back but Matt will have to step it up. He's been missing on way too many passes here recently and we're gonna need him to play much better.

Jimmy Graham is a beast and Sproles is a lethal weapon who can give us fits if we let him get in the open field. This is gonna be a huge challenge for our entire team and it'll prove if we really belong in the playoffs as a legit contender. We beat them and I think we can roll into the playoffs and be as good as anyone.

How sweet would it be to face, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and/or Houston in the playoffs?

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Saints are coming off of an emotional win and are playing out of conference which makes the game not quite as important for them.

The Saints 3 losses have all been on the road and their wins on the road have been fairly close games. No doubt they are a different team on the road than at home in the dome.

One important thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is the success that Hasselbeck had last year against the Saints in the playoffs. Threw for nearly 300yds and 4TDs. He certainly is familiar with playing against Williams's attacking style defense.

From a defensive standpoint I would dare the Saints to run the ball. I'd play with McCarthy as our only Lber and have Hope and Hawkins in to replace Ayers and Witherspoon. Don't give up the BIG play and force them to take the underneath stuff with crowded zones. Have the front 4 focus on stopping the run and then getting after Brees. The Saints are going to get their points no matter what. I'd rather make them work it slowly down the field than give up the big play quick TD.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. pobo90

pobo90 LP Field Custodian

If we beat the saints... we go deep into the playoffs

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I was going to make this point before I saw this post. TEs always kill us...really good ones torch us.

Brees to Graham is just ridiculous...we don't have a LB or safety who can cover that....at least I don't think so as of today.

Brees is like Rodgers...he puts the ball just where the WR or TE needs it and if the DB is not looking back at the ball they have no chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

We could play them like we played the Rams at Adelphis back in 99 [I think it was 99] where we ended up playing something like 7 DBs most of the game...we did a great job against the Warner machine.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Rightfully so. We have a history of not stopping RB and TE. Especially with a good combo. Go ahead and add Owen Daniel and Arian Foster to the list. We have to... HAVE TO be aggressive on defense. None of this playing off of the receiver and rushing 4/dropping 7. Drew Brees will have 450 yards and 5 TD if we do that. This is the same thing I said before the Houston game, and we played that same brand of defense, and we got owned. Same against Pitt. For some reason, when we play against top tier QBs, we tend to tone down the blitzing, as if were afraid to get burned. Simply cannot play like that. We have to hit Brees early, knock him out of his comfort zone, and control the clock by running. That is our one and only chance at winning.

That being said, I predict we lose 42-21. I've seen high octane offenses run over this Titans defense far too many times to have much faith in a W here. A loss will leave us at 7-6, followed by a very interesting remainder of the season. The playoffs still aren't out of reach, if we win 2 of our last 4 we could squeak in there. The AFC is WAY down this year. If we win 3 of our last 4 were almost a lock at 10-6. Frankly, I'm just glad to be talking about Titans and playoffs and not about how theres no hope at this point. Regardless of what happens, given my preseason expectations, this season has been a success.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sproles will flat murder us. Graham will probably have 3tds against us alone. Brees over 300 easy. Our off loose defense will get ran over.

It's a wash people. We do not beat them... If by chance we win... They beat themselves. ^no doubt about that. This is a big fat L and i hope most of you fans don't have to high expectations for this game.

8. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Why even bother showing up then? I mean we have no chance right? I don't think anyone gave us much a chance in hell before the Ravens game, and that turned out pretty well didn't it? I swear this board is filled with the biggest whiners and babies. Our team is on the brink of a playoff push immediately after a 6-10 season, and people can't even get excited.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree, I hope no one on our team shows up so these young guys do not know what it is like to play against an elite team.

Like said before, if the Rams can beat the Saints, so can we.

Ravens are a hot and cold team but we beat them too, when our team is hitting on all cylinders, we have a real good team. Possibly a team that could be a real threat in the playoffs. With a veteran QB, a CJ with a chip on his shoulder and a good mix of veteran leadership and hungry rookies, we should not be looked over.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol I'm just being realistic dude. Not being rude or attacking anyone. Not whining.. I'm very excited about this team. About this past draft, about locker being the future... But lets get real.

Hass is average... And also a liability. Cj... We can only hope he stays on fire like he has been. McCourtey might be out with a concussion.

Our wrs can't catch a cold...lol

Defense has gotten lit up on the run. And remember back to the te coverage problem....

Explain to me how we win. Please fill free to drop in quality players and defense it's gonna take to win... Cuz we don't have em. Playoffs? You really think we can hang? With a below average d with a terrible soft scheme? With 3 wrs that probably wouldnt get higher than a 3rd spot on the roster? Yea... Hass took the Seahawks last year and it was a good run and a nice story... But who really believed they could make it to the big game? Yea ^no one.

Now don't take this wrong, if by some amazing way we win out and go deep ^in to the playoffs i will glaaaaadly eat crow. I'd love to see us make some noise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar