Beating Texans Special to Both Young and Adams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After the Titans 28-22 victory over the Texans, few were happier than owner Bud Adams and rookie QB Vince Young. "You’re damn right it is [special]," Adams said. "I’ve told the coach [Jeff Fisher] that this is an important game to me. I don’t care what happens the next week or the next week, but this means a lot." Though Young said last week that the Texans wasn't more important than any other game, it was clear it meant a lot to him afterwards. "It means something to me, my family and all the fans back home in Houston," Young said. "But at the same time, it meant the most here. The Tennessee Titans wanted to get another victory coming off the bye."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Vince has come across as an intelligence speaker I have come to realise.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Very happy for Mr. Adams, Vince and the entire team. The Texans total yardage was a little misleading because of the prevent defense on the last drive, one of the few times I have ever seen it work out. The Texans gained a lot of yards and scored but ate all most all the clock to do it. The coaches did a great job with clock management at the end of the game and sealed the win. I think Coach Fisher has done a great job this year and hope Mr. Adams is happy enough not to exercise his option but give him a contract extension. With all the problems this year starting with McNair then Volek, Collins, Brown. Haynesworth and injuries its amazing this team is playing so much better. Get Fisher resigned now the future looks great.

4. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

you shouldn't be shocked really! vince happens to be a really intellegent person!

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We haven't beat a team with a winning record in 3 years, I would hold up on the contract extension.

6. Overalls

Overalls Starter

Gosh, that would mean that Fisher lied on the radio during an interview.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if you knew him I'd believe you, but blind homerism doesn't really cut it for me.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Does this mean Kimberley is a man?:hmm:

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

The Titans should extend Fishers contract now. This is a league that requires players to win a lot of games and over the past 2 or 3 yrs because of salary cap hell we havent had a lot of talent. The way this year started it would be easy for us to be 0-7 now. Overcoming the McNair, Volek, Collins fiasco is remarkable and I doubt Fisher was in favor of bringing Collins in a week before the 1st game. We lost Long and Odom to injuries and Al to his stupidity. Givens has been injured, Brown basically a no show, B. Jones coming off an acl, Williams injured, it would have been easy for this team to throw in the towel but I credit Fisher for holding them together. Yes he needs to address the DC and I hope he will. If his contract is not extended he becomes a free agent this year or if we pick up the option a free agent at the end of next season and he will get numerous offers for HUGE $$. Who would you hire to replace him, maybe an existing OC or DC or a retread head coach. Not many coaches have taken a team to the Super Bowl ours has and we need to keep him.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And we may have finished David Carr's career. This game was BIG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar