Beastie Boys vs The Beatles CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 21, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: Beastie Boys vs The Beatles

Poll closed Feb 22, 2016.
  1. Beastie Boys

25.0%
  2. Beatles

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you have nominated Morris Day before we reached 96 bands they'd be in (getting beat by CCR probably)..

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Beasties are my all time favorite. Don't really like the Beatles, but people who aren't 520 can't really argue their impact.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

not many could do a lot of the things I do

4. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Not really a fan of either but i give a slight edge to the Beatles.. they had a few good ones.. the Beastie Boys only had like 2 or 3 maaybe

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Beatles were good for their time but the fan worship is just nauseating. They didn't have a very long career; they happened to just be the band at the front end of a technological and societal change so they win by default; Paul McCartney has repeatedly proven that he can't finish a song and, as a result, what many hail to be a work of genius is just nonsense strung together (Abbey Road). Half of their catalog is what everyone here would consider to be stupid Justin Beiber pop dreck and the other half is either nonsense or bad noise experiments. One of their most acclaimed songs is one that none of them played on ("Elenor Rigby"). Some material such as "Baby You're A Rich Man" is loaded down with entirely unnecessary noise samples.
    The Who are the superior unit from that period of English art school rock.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. avvie

Also, it doesn't help that the worst musicians I've played with are Beatles fans and lots of those STILL listen to bad Dylan records regularly.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

While I listen to the Beasties on a regular basis, and think the Beatles are the most overrated band of all time, I have to give the nod to the Beatles solely based on their influence on Rock 'n' Roll.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

#idemandarecount

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lol yeah you could say that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. avvie

Lemme add just one more thing: my friends with small children brag that they raised them well because they like Beatles songs. They also like The Wiggles. When children can't tell the difference between them, perhaps there's an unacknowledged problem with the Beatles.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar