Bears fans drink Nashville dry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

remember when this dyckhead drank an elephant turd!

at least use your shirt to strain the actual shart for cryin out loud.

what a D-bag

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's not BS.

Cleveland has been around forever (in one incarnation or another)
    they're the rare exception to the rule.

Overall, we're a mediocre franchise and a new one to boot. the recipe for a strong diehard fan base is not there. No BS about it.

And getting close for 3-4 seasons, with one super bowl loss out of 13 seasons makes you mediocre at best as a franchise. With a Peyton Manning-like choking tendency when we do earn a spot in the playoffs. How many playoff wins in the past decade again? That right there is a pretty sure formula for how good a fanbase is, with some exceptions

Like I said, give us one decade of good football, and we won't be having this conversation for a long time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm only arguing that you said we only got close once, which was not the case. 99,00,02,03,08 I can make a pretty legit argument we were the 2nd best team in the NFL and would've won the superbowl had it not been for playoff elimination. 07 (sadly our only other playoff year) not so much.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

ehhh actually I think they got me mistaken with bears fans. I drank nashville dry lol

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I honestly believe we would've won it all in '08 had we made it past Baltimore. Ugh.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

Not with collins. Collins was not winning a superbowl. Sorry.

7. amy

amy Starter

It really isn't hard to understand. 99% of people go with the winners, no matter who they are. The Preds are growing their fanbase every season because every season for the last eight years or so, they have gone to the playoffs. And when the CBA is settled, the fans will come back. As nick says, if we win, we will have a good fan base. It just goes to show that loyalty really isn't a attribute of most sports fans, no matter where they live. As for the Bears, heck, they have been so bad for so long that even Cutler is being loved on! :cj:

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

IDK man. I'm no Collins fan but I think we had enough with our defense and run game alone to win it all. We didn't need Collins to "win" the SB for us. We just needed him to not lose it. And he was doing a pretty good job of not losing games for us that season.

9. TitansWillWin2

Name me the last time a non "qb star" won the superbowl??? Dilfer?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. And I'd say that Ravens team was very comparable to our 08 team.

But this is all speculation. Neither of us can prove we're right. I just believe we could've went all the way that season. But IMO we got the worst possible matchup in our first playoff game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar