BCS Race is exciting

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I liked the idea that Todd McShay brought up on the Jim Rome Show today. He said that they should take the four winners from the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, and Orange bowl and let those four teams play in a two-week playoff type format.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That would at least be a start.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's why I hate the "polls" most of all. I don't think the BCS gets the blame here, I think the polls do. That's where the problems all started. This thinking does need to be fixed.

Well, all in all I thought the race to the BCS game was exciting these last four weeks. :grrhee:

I actually think Ohio State and LSU are the most deserving teams to be in the championship game, so I'm happy with that matchup. I think there are some entertaining matchups out there, but there are some real duds too.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Ohio State and LSU both had late season losses.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And it cost them dearly. However, they ended up passing teams that lost even later than they did.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In that scenario we should have:

Sugar - Hawaii and LSU
    Rose - USC and Ohio State
    Fiesta - Oklahoma and WV
    Orange - Georgia (they get the nod over and Missiouri or Kansas) and VaTech

Works for me. The Kansas deal over Missouri in the Orange Bowl is ridiculous. In that kind of scenario with Oklahoma already representing their conference the nod should go to the next highest ranked team which would be Georgia. Hawaii and Georgia should get in as the at large IMO. Missouri and Kansas are overated but certainly Missouri should get in before Kansas if one of those two makes it because Missouri is rated higher. All the major conferences get represented which is good.

I wouldn't be opposed to a system where all 6 of the major conferences play with two at large bids. That keeps the bowls in line with conference affliliations.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If this happens I'll deal with it, but personally I would hate to see the playoff turn out like this. Missouri and Kansas would both definately deserve a chance in a playoff this season. I think with two losses ASU would too.

I'd prefer a playoff, I just hope that when one happens, it's done right. Otherwise you just have more argument. I certainly wouldn't be convinced that if somehow Georgia won that they would really be the best team in the country.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My Radical one year fix, Texas Bowl Champion should be #1. Houston vs. TCU. Go Cougars!

Art Briles let us (Coach), and went to Baylor. Arggg...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar