BCS Race is exciting

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I guess. If a playoff occurs though I hope they don't make every playoff game a "bowl" game. I'd rather see the highest seed playoff teams have homefield until the championship game, just like in the NFL.

Like the BCS does now, rotate the Rose, Orange, Sugar, and Fiesta as the championship game of the playoff every year.

Then have the rest of the bowls like normal.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ideally you could have 8 teams play the first round using home sites for the highest 4 ranked teams the Saturday before Christmas and then have two of the major bowls host the next round. The championship game would be played about a week later at a neutral site through a bid process similar to the SB.

Another option is to have 4 major bowls host the first round with additional rounds pre-determined through a bid process. I would expect weather to be an obstacle that time of year for some of the northern cities.

I still don't think you could play the majority of the playoffs prior to the bowls and still expect those top teams to play in a bowl game. One of the obstacles is there are too many games and the only way it can work is to remove as many of the stupid obstacles as possible. Either way the championship needs to settled on the field with more than just two teams IMO.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think logistically, and probably financially for the home schools, it would be easier and better for their to just be home games until, like you suggested, the final 4 of the playoffs or just the championship game. No reason the playoffs couldn't coincide with the Bowls. Start the playoffs when you start the first bowl game. I think bowl season is about 3 weeks long. Championship game the week after the final bowls.

Anyone watching this LSU game! :shocked:

I thought Arkansas would make it a game, but they look like they can win. That last drive was great.

Fumble there for LSU on 2nd and four.... they were lucky to recover

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

LSU loses!

OSU still has hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Sometimes, I'm not a big fan of the BCS, if Houston wins the Conference USA we end up playing some crappy SEC team like Missippi St at 7-5. And yes. That means you memphis folks will see us again. That's our prize? Jesus. I would almost rather this weekend they end up in second or third so that we play a less known foe. Or finish 5th and get sent to Hawaii. I want to win conference usa bad, I do, but the prize is pretty underwhelming.

I think Hawaii should get more respect in a year when teams are dropping like flies. But they should have no trouble scheduling a top team as they are in freaking hawaii. That's a big draw.

6. im pulling for OSU but thats slim to none

7. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

WVU has to lose.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

BCS = Big Crock (of) shat

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The stupidest thing about it, that nobody wants to talk about, and that should be underlined, and bolded as utterly stupid, is that it is not who you lose to, but when you lose. That's the real kicker. The BCS is supposed to use logic right. Is that logical? And yet it is the biggest factor in the whole thing. When did that become important? Should it be? No. And not because I said so. Because no other sport uses it. The only other sport that even looks at it is ncaa basketball, but because everyone gets into the ncaa, it is practically irrelevant in determining the championship. And yet here, it is everything. And get this, even if there is a playoff format, it will stil be a factor. It is such flawed thinking.

At some point, I just want some people to say how stupid that is and fix it. The BCS should competely ignore when you lose. It should focus on who you lose to and sort out the rest. You know what it is, it's a power ranking. And we all know those are the most ridiculous things ever.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

With the final BCS standings out here is how an 8 team playoff would look (you could argue WV deserves to go over Kansas but they did lose to Pitt).

Ohio State vs Kansas
    LSU vs USC
    VaTech vs Missouri
    Georgia vs Oklahoma

LSU and Ohio State would be in different brackets.

How would those games look as a first round?

There probably should be a rule about having more than two teams from the same conference in the top 8. No way Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma should all be in the mix. West Virginia or Hawaii should replace Kansas IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar