bcs mess

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Fry, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what's false about it? there have only been two undefeated teams in the bcs championship game twice(0 losses for both teams), imo, that's the only time it has truly worked.

i'm leaving them out because they aren't in bcs conferences, but you say the only way to "assure" that you get in is to go undefeated, which is obviously not the case.

even if utah and boise state did get in, why would they be any more fit than ball state, who is also undefeated?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Ok, but refresh my memory...didn't Texas BEAT oklahoma? So it doesnt really matter. Well, actually that says more for Texas. They beat he OTHER team with a comparable strength of schedule.

3. Fry

take indiana and minnesota out of the big ten and put notre dame in, so that there are actually ten teams.

:yes:

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

But it's different in the NFL because of the AFC and NFC, college doesn't have two separate conferences like that. In the NFL we know the Superbowl is AFC vs. NFC in college it's not like it's Big 12 vs. SEC every year. And if you did have a BCS in the NFL what would the 99 Superbowl have been? Well it wouldn't have been Titans/Rams it would have been Jaguars/Rams so we wouldn't have gotten a shot even though we were better than Jacksonville. We would have played Minnesota in some meaningless game.

I'm just saying if the NFL used the system as college the Giants would have never had a shot at the Superbowl and yet they were the best team last year. So if Florida plays Oklahoma how do we know that's the best team? If there was a playoff and USC won it all then having a game between Florida and Oklahoma only solves the issue of who's better, Oklahoma or Florida.

I'd also like to know how Florida (if they win) gets the nod over USC or Penn State. Florida lost to Mississippi (not an especially tough team) at home, where as Penn State and USC both lost to not so tough teams on the road. So what makes Florida's loss so much better? Oh because they would have beaten the #1 team I suppose. Well USC beat OSU who was like #5, that's pretty good and Penn State beat the team who beat the #1 team in Oregon State. So can we honestly sit here and say if they win that Florida deserves a shot over Penn State and USC? If there's any doubt what so ever as to who should play for a championship game than how can we really say the winner is the best team in college?

Other than OSU over Miami and Texas over USC have I ever said at the end of a season "That is the best team in the country no question."

It's just to me, the fact that NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA basketball, NCAA division 1A, D2, D3, MLS and arena football all use a playoff, maybe just maybe their right and the one lone sports entity that doesn't use a playoff is wrong.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No. Minnesota isn't horrible, they can be but they have their moments. I suspect they will get things turned around to at least be competitive again, I mean it's already started. And we need Indiana for basketball, they and along with Purude, MSU, OSU, Michigan and somewhat Minnesota keep the Big 10 a strong basketball conference.

Besides Notre Dame doesn't want to go to a conference and you can't just force them without forcing the service academies into one also.

6. Fry

they have to do something, because i'm definitely one of the people who would like to see a conference championship game in every conference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm still confused about the exact number of teams in the Big 10.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Again, not what i said.

I said, go undefeated in a MAJOR conference and you get a shot at the national title. That's happened 90% of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar