Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RyansTitans, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I just want some of your guy's thoughts on Bonds getting close to the record.

If he breaks it this year what will your reaction be?

Mad? Happy? Dont care?

I love the Giants so im waiting for the day but I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought about him. :))

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Don't care about bonds, or baseball in general. I haven't even watched a game including WS since 1994, for those of you that don't remember or are too young that was the year that ML baseball went on strike and didn't finish the season. Screw em.:moon2:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I used to love baseball as much as I did the NFL. Now, I may flip over to a Braves game about once a week and watch a couple of innings.

Bonds doesn't deserve the record and I can care less if he breaks it. I hope the word "steroids" is forever associated with his name.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I could be wrong but weren't Bonds big home-run years also his biggest "enhanced performance" years? I'd like to see this peckerwood carry an asterisk...

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

He is avid steriod user & everybody knows. Yet he sits on TV & tries to deny all the time. The guy is a joke IMO.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The way I look at is that A-Rod will pass him soon, and it will all be forgotten. Bonds can't go much longer. He broke an ethical standard, but never broke any baseball rules. That's what is so tough here. He's like pac man in a lot of ways. He did the wrong thing, but will never be convicted. So what do you do. In his mind he never cheated. In our minds he did. Tough call. But like I said, A-rod is rolling over his record pretty soon. A lot of people forget Ken Griffey is not far behind either.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Never happen..
    A-Rod is sumthin like 300 dingers behind Bonds and as much as I like Griffey, at his current rate it would take him 20 more years of cripple-ball to catch up..

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Griffey, no way. He is 37 and still needs more then 180 to break it. Maybe if he went on the juice?

A Rod is getting up there too. 32 and would need almost 36 a season for the next 8 seasons to break it.

What is funny is no one really cares anymore. Not even Giants fans.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Exactly. Now if Griffey would have stayed healthy and productive for the past 5 or 6 years, breaking Aaron's record would be a whole different story..

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You do realize Barry is 42 right. If A-rod plays until he is 42. He would simply need 25 hr a season. Which even Biggio can do and he's like 41 and doesn't have nearly A-Rod's power. This record is going to be snuffed out. The numbers add up. Players go into the 40's now. And I expect A-rod will get 40-50 hr's for the next few seasons. Which makes it even easier. There is no sign of decline.

11 seasons at 25 hr = 275 hrs + 475 hrs = 750 hrs.

That is not only doable, it's almost a forgone conclusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar