Barron, Ingram, Coples

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by QGP, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I highly doubt either will declare I would take a chance on Michael Brockers in the later rounds if he does for his size, their just is not enough game film on him to make a good judgement call.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Interior lineman are definitely a need. Not sure if any of you listen to Munchak's radio show at night (yesterday was the last one of the season) and someone called in and asked him what position they might be targeting. He said something to the effect of, "We haven't taken an offensive lineman early since we took Roos and Stewart in the same draft. That might be a place where we look to upgrade, but not necessarily in the 1st round. In the 1st that's where you look at defense to see if there is somebody that can come in and make an immediate impact."

I love his line of thinking. I really don't think using a 1st on an O-lineman is the best idea. Sure that is a huge need, maybe our biggest need but it's not where the value is at #20. We don't need to start drafting by need, we need to take the BPA. If we can get an edge rusher, a big run stuffing DT, a playmaking LB, or a hard hitting saftey that is the way to go round one. Though I wasn't impressed with their performance this year, our o-line coaching staff has the ability to take a 2nd or 3rd rounder and turn them into a capable starter in the league. That's what they've prided themselves on for a long time.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar