Barrett Rudd on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Victory1993, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

The way he played I'd assumed he'd been on IR since we signed him.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

In all seriousness Rudd was easy too let walk cause he was on a 1 yeat deal and his contract was effectivly guranteed week 1 so there is zero CAP issues by dumping him.

There a quite a few Titans in the same situation. Babineaux has a similar contract IIRC

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Even after learning Ruud wasn't the ideal fit for us, I'm still happy we signed him. If you don't think Barrett Ruud is the reason Colin McCarthy is so good right now, then you're kidding yourself. And Tulloch staying in TN would have only kept us from finding a real NFL MLB. Sure Tully could bang with anyone, but he was slow, and could never contribute in passing situations. At the end of the day, I'm very pleased with how things have worked out. McCarthy looks like the real deal and should only improve. Glad we can now devote all the reps to him in practice.

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think Ruud certainly helped Colin come along as MLB. Not to say Colin owes much to him, but I think Ruud WAS at least a good example of what we wanted out of a MLB.

Stifle the run, rack up tackles, and enforce the middle. If you can make some plays, great.

Colin isn't there yet on enforcing the middle (pass coverage needs quite a bit of work) but I think Ruud helped let him know that his game at Miami can translate right to the NFL. Instinctive, hard, but most importantly SURE tackling.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

So long Ruud........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar