Barrett Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I disagree. Later in the first round he's worth it. I think he's going to be a long time great player.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mayock has him rated as the third best center. If things were to go that way we could get Jones with our third rd pick. That means at least 4 guards and 1-2 centers taken before him not counting Fluker who could be a guard.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's preposterous. He was the best offensive lineman on one of the best offensive lines ever. He won 3 championships in 4 years. All American at two positions. Started and won championships at three positions. Most decorated Alabama football player ever. Mayock is a jerkoff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

IDK how B Jones stock has fallen so much since the national championship game. He was a sure fire 1st round pick for the longest, and it seems like Warmack has just stolen the show and made him an afterthought. Does anybody else know why he went from a 1st round pick to a 3rd round pick without even playing a game since he dominated in the national championship?

If we do not go Warmack/Cooper in the 1st, I think it's safe to say we will go Warford or B Jones in the 2nd. Now, who to choose between them 2? I still say B Jones because I have no idea why his stock has fallen so much. If you all know please enlighten me.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Jones value is more like Konz last year (some people were touting him in the 1st last year and we passed on him in the 2nd for Zach and rightfully so) . Late 2nd value but with the other OGs and Cs in this draft could be there in the early 3rd.

Jones does have an atribute that is appealing in that he can basically play all 5 OL spots if needed. I'd think we would be all over him in the 3rd if he drops that far.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I am happy to see this was made December 2nd. Was a little concerned there.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Jones had a Lisfranc injury that is why his stock has fallen. He played in the national championship with the injury, so the guy is tough as nails. He is also incredibly bright, a 4.0 student in a more difficult business major. He also has a nasty streak in his personality. He usually is a stable, hard working guy but can be immature when he is angry. I think that fades as he grows older.

He reminds me A LOT of Mawae- the way he plays and his brains. We would do well to closely follow his recovery. He is most definitely worth a 3rd round pick or and IMO a mid 2nd round. All reports say his surgery was successful. I doubt he does anything, however, at Alabama's pro day.

I would be SO stoked if we found a way to trade up or back to the mid-late 2nd round and take this guy. He is going to be an all-pro center- I guarantee it. He has the intangibles that make great linemen.

Folks are quiet about Star's heart. It is significant that his LVEF was 44%. That indicates he might have problems over the long run and performing in high altitudes and heat. I would be completely happy passing on Warmack in the first IF we could get Jones with our high 3rd pick.

My ideal scenario would be to trade our #10, pick up Warmack or Cooper or keep our 10 and pick up DE/CB (maybe Mingo) and use the extra 2nd or 3rd to work our way up to get Jones.

Draft day is really exciting this year. We've got options how we are positioned and with our needs that we could REALLY have an impact.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is who I want, but he will surely be available in the 2nd or even 3rd.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The nice thing is that this draft is so deep at interior OL. I wouldn't mind having any of the top 3 centers (Jones, Frederick, Schwenke) and one of them will be available in the early 3rd. I also like that this draft has several RT/OG guys in Fluker, Long, Thomas, and Winters.

Velasco's ability to play C/G allows us to let the draft come to us. If we find an OG of value in the 1st or 2nd then we can grab him if not we can wait for a center in the 3rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd pass on him. He's big, slow, and nonathletic. As far as I know, we are still employing a zone running scheme. We need a center who has quick feet and can move, that is not Jones. Brian Schwenke from Cal is our guy, if not we need to resign Velasco to play center. Actually regardless of the draft, we really need Velasco as an insurance policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar