Barrett Jones at #10?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by corymiller, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Guys, get the notion of trading back out of your heads.

First of all we almost never trade back.

Secondly, and most importantly, the majority of trade-ups occur for QB's and with this QB class being as weak as I've ever seen we'll likely not get any offers.

But to the original question, hell no, not at 10!!!

I'd happily wait until round 2 for a center, besides Holmes will be there in round 2 and I'd be just fine with him.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Don't give me that. Look at the 2012 Top 15 Trades:
    Wash trades up for RG3
    Cle traded up for Trent Richardson
    TB traded up for Mark Barron
    Dal traded up for Mo Claiborne
    Philly traded up for Fletcher Cox

1 of 5 was for a QB. Generally speaking, yes 1st round trade ups are for QBs. But it happens every year that a team trades up for other positions.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

If he's there, I think we get him..

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's on average 60 draft day trades, IDK why people think trades are rare

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think it depends greatly on what pick we could get or maybe even player in the trade. If we can trade back and pick up an extra second, I'd do it regardless. That almost certainly gives us three starting players in the first two rounds. While we might miss on the up front talent, we would be able to load our roster with solid players. Especially with how many holes we have, we need all the help we can get.

Say we trade back and get the Rams second, Warmack is gone, jones is too soon. We take our other top needs. Ansah in the first. Xavier Rhodes in the second, top C or Guard at our other second or maybe even Swearinger from SC..

It's really opens up. A few solid talents spread around our Defense and offense would be better than One possible game changer (if he's there at 10) and a solid pick at 2

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd still us rather get a great player at 10 than to wait around a few picks to just get some guy who will be off our team in 4 years.

We haven't had one of those guys since Keith Bulluck, all of our top picks lately have been gone after their rookie contracts run out. I want a guy like BJ Raji or JJ Watt at 10, those 2 have allowed their teams to build around them and they keep getting better and better.

7. Clark

Fortunately for us I think our new GM is a much better talent evaluator than the previous one.

8. Clark

And honestly I'm not sure there will be that play on the board at 10. Warmack would be a solid for sure pick... But the other talent in the board at that point is a little more spread out. Super unlikely Star is there. So you are already talking about that second tier of talent In my eyes.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Trading back is looking better and better unless someone like Werner or Star fall to us. We could still snag Warmack in mid 1st or just go Jones in the 2nd, Matt Elam will be in that range, Kevin Minter will shoot up the draft boards at MLB, Milliner or Banks might fall, maybe one of the LSU DE's, or Bennie Logan their DT. Then if we throw out the crazy idea of drafting another WR most of the top guys like Patterson, Austin, and Allen are 1st round projections. Gives us much more options than just being stuck at 10, in what is quickly becoming a not very appealing 10th pick for us.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Unless someone falls or we don't go Warmack we're not getting a top talent like you usually do with the 10th pick. I'm sure by the time April comes around we'll be singing a different tune but this draft class is more impressive with it's depth than top talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar