Barkevious Mingo

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah that's what gets me. He has the straight away speed, but when I watch him on film... it scares me. He's just not that fluid. Could easily be a Brandon Browner (and better), or some no name in a couple years.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm officially endorsing Bark_____ Mingo now.

1st pick Bark_____ Mingo
    2nd pick WR Deandre Hopkins
    3rd pick CB David Amerson

Now that would be a great first 3 rounds.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I think both Mingo and Amerson will be busts. Amerson has a chance if he moves to FS. He doesn't have corner hips or change of direction.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I wasn't really on the Mingo bandwagon up until last week. I think if he can gain some weight, get some value reps and he will be a stud in the making.

As for Amerson, I have always liked him. He has great value in the 3rd round and if he is there, we should grab him. Honestly, I actually wanted Blidi Wreh-Wilson, but he won't be there when we pick in the 3rd round.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uhh... who has said this and why haven't they been watching Titans games.

I'd say that's our MAIN weakness.

Mingo is as overrated as it gets though.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'm against Amerson he isn't instinctive and is way too stiff. As for Mingo he is a huge or boom or bust pick I hope he pans out if we do.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I can't find the rankings but I believe we were top 10 in terms of QB hurries. I think general consensus was we didn't get more sacks because there was no pressure up the middle and QB's were able to step up into the pocket to avoid the outside rush and get the ball off. If Hill does what we think he'll do, the pass rush will be even more effective.

Wimbley was ok, Morgan really came on and it's been stated that we'll be using Ayers and Brown frequently as pass rushers. To me that doesn't sound like we're desperate for a pass rusher. If we were, the FO would have gone all in on one in FA. Could we use a JPP-like prospect? Of course, but then again so could every other team in the league.

Our priority should be fixing the run defense and coverage in the backfield. Once we get some better coverage sack stats will improve as the D-line will have more time to seal the deal.The pass rush is a much less pressing issue IMO.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Mingo is extremely overrated.

I'd say our MAIN weakness right now is CB depth. We have one good enough corner in McCourty, Verner is a NB... than we got nothing. After that, DE (or DL in general) is our biggest need; we don't have any star/impact players on the line.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I think you guys are forgetting something major. We talk about 'Bark', about getting depth on the D-line for a better rotation, we talk about this defender and that; but we're missing the big picture.

This team and coaching staff will go only as far as Jake Locker takes them. They are going to do everything possible to give him every chance to succeed. That doesn't mean drafting an undersized DE/OLB at #10, it doesn't mean drafting for depth along the D-line, hell it doesn't even mean getting help on the back end, nothing.

The F.O. has got to do everything humanly possible to help Jake develop and that means upgrading the O-line/WR/TE at all costs, if not they will all be looking for work next year. I will bet anything we will see a draft something like this...

1. Cooper/Warmack
    2. Justin Hunter/DeAndre Hopkins
    3. Brain Schwenke or OT

Other than CB, we've really upgraded the defense and filled holes. I think they are relying on Greg Williams to get more out of what we got. This draft will be focused on helping Jake evolve into a top franchise QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I could definitely see this being the thought process of the FO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar