Barf for Barkley...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cdubbs2121, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

100000 x this. I don't care if we waste years drafting a qb number 1 because if you do get the right one, you can have a decade of great production. To me that is so worth it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Draft Taylor Heinicke...730 yards can't go wrong. ;)

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jake Locker says hi

24/33 (72%)
    326 Yards Passing
    2 Passing TDs
    26 Rushing Yards
    0 INTs
    124.1 QB Rating

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So are we still barfing for Barkley?

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

It worked....locker cleary saw my barf for Barkley thread and decided to step it up! Thanks for being a go titaners Jake!

Ps sorry about our defense today, the little baby swat on the hail Mary was truly all that is manly

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The gifs in this thread kept me reading it lol

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You are DEAD wrong about this Titanup.

45/51 (88 C%), 656 yards, 8 TDs, 0 INTs
    5 rushes, 31 yards
    and it was vs #25 Baylor, so it's not like it was some TERRIBLE no-name AA team.

Look at his stats so far,
    1728 yards, 83.4 C%, 20 TDs, 0 INT, 208.4 QB Rating
    99 yards rushing & 1 TD
    I want to see what he does against other Top25s (has #11 Texas, #7 K St, #15 TCU, and #17 OU left)

What drives me crazy is how EVERYONE thinks Geno Smith is a "rushing QB", and compare him to Pat White. Just because they're both black and played at WVU doesn't mean they are twins. FYI: Geni Smith had -33 rushing yards last year and his career high was So year with 217 yards.

6'3 220 (average size)
    I think he'll run ~4.6/7 (at best)
    His arm strength is amazing. Quick, compact release, and throws a tight spiral. He's got above average arm strength and can make all the throws. Another shock is his short/med accuracy... just look at his career C%. He puts the ball where it needs to be allowing his receivers to get GREAT YAC. Looks comfortable and natual in the pocket, and can throw on the run. He IS NOT a run first QB, he will go through ALL his targets before he considers running. But he still has the athleticism to run if needed. My biggest question is can he make NFL level Pre/Post snap Reads, which is the hardest thing to determine when scouting QBs.

Geno Smith will likely win the Heisman and deserves a Top-5 pick in the NFL draft.
    Question is who will take him? All the bad teams: Browns, Colts, Jags, 'Fins, KC, Raiders, Bills, Saints, Bucs, Ten... Out of those teams only KC, Raiders, and Bills need a QB

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Sounds like Omar Jacobs to me :)

I'll admit that I have rushed judgement on him, and I spoke too soon. I 'll be watching more of him this year. I just don't really buy into stats when it comes to evaluating talent.

But you know when you have tons of college games to watch every week, it's hard to get the time to watch a certain team or player , especially when you're a SEC fan.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't even know who Omar Jacobs is, LOL.

I rushed judgement on him last year, then I watched a couple of his games.. completely different player than what I anticpated.

Here's a good game to watch:

vs LSU (the #1 defense) in his Junior year.
    463 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 58.5 C% (it was his worst game stat wise in his Jr year)

Impressive game vs LSU.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar