Ball Control no longer works in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by flamehead2, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

http://www.google.com/search?q=para...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

that was a lot of help.:rolleyes:

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/paradyne

Merriam-Webster has suggestions. :irked:

here's something!

Paradigm shift

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm_shift

tiny little hint though... it's a real turn off when you tell your audience to go look something up let alone tell them to look something up and not even spell it close to right. I imagine a lot of people quit reading at that point and never went on to read about the rings the other coaches have which is kinda of an interesting point.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

You're not succeeding.

3. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

We were 10-6 this year. If we were 4-12 or 5-11, then I would listen to your argument.

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

well i'm happy as hell that the main things wrong with my argument
    was
    Spelling and the fact that i should be satisfied that we are 10 -6 this year

Let me respond to the one worth responding to.

I ditched spelling and typing classes and my keyboard is defective

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Fisher inherited an Oilers teams in disarray with an aging & expensive roster.His early years had little chance of success no matter who was in charge.Then he had to manage the franchise move & get his players motivated with little in the way of fan support.

When he had all the pieces in place he put together a nice run only to be derailed again by the salary cap. We where hit as hard as anyone by the mistakes of the past in terms of cap management. The Ravens & the 49ers still haven't bounced back from their cap issues.

The Patriots,Colts ,Broncos,Hawks & Bolts are the new kings of how to manage the cap & Reinfeldt was brought in to make sure we don't get in trouble again.

Shanahan,Holmgren,Cower,Belicheck,Dungy. Those coaches are better than Fisher longterm & each has had the benefit of a brilliant GM behind them. Many coaches look as good or better than Fisher on paper because they've moved around & avoided having to build a roster from the ground up.They've never had to suffer in the cap wilderness.

There are better coaches out there than Fisher but not many.If want exciting 30+ points a game from our offense your never going to be happy.

Fisherball is about a smash mouth D which personally I'm a great fan of. Balance that with a ball control offense & it's brutally effective.

Give us just a little more fire power on offense & our D will be fresh & vicious right down to the final whistle.It's all about balance & this year we didn't have it.Fisher has promised to fix that next year & I believe he will.

For all Bud Adams faults we are very lucky to have an owner who has enough experience to know that consistency wins championships & change isn't always good.

Holmgren,Parcells,Dan Reeves,Vermeil,Jimmy Johnson & more than likely Bill Cowher. Guys who won championships but haven't been able to replicate their success elsewhere. It takes a time & some luck to forge a championship team.

Those who've done it & been cherry picked by other franchises to do it for their teams are forever chasing that pot of gold again. Stat crunchers will always spin the numbers to their own point of view.

Take a step back & look at the big picture & you'll see that change for changes sake rarely leads to success.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress, fisher inherited a lot more talent than that. He had a veteran QB in chandler who was good enough to lead another team to the super bowl in 1998. The first 2 defenses fisher had were top 10 so there was plenty of talent there..

Many of the top players from the 99 and 2000 teams were with fisher from day one. Hopkins-matthews-bishop-robertson-wycheck-mcnair-eddie robinson were in fisher's first camp in 95. Gary walker, chris dishman and the legendary childress were on that first roster.

In the next couple of years they would add eddie george, stepnoski, runyon and others.

I don't entirely agree with the premise set forth on this board but fisher had lots of talent in those first 4 years and i never bought the fan support excuse.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Winning today in the nfl has nothing to do with style. Put up a great running game and a defense like the 2000 ravens and you can win the steelers proved that in 2005. The problem today is simply that 2 organizations are head and shoulders better than everyone else because they have the best QBs of this era along with great coaches and front office. That's all the pats and colts are just uncommonly good.

In 05 the steelers with a 2nd year QB beat a powerhouse colt team by running the ball and being very physical on defense. It is still a recipe for success and always will be.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

True but Fisher at least deserves something of a pass in his first years as he learned the ropes of being a HC.

I'm not saying he's great but he certainly doesn't deserve the criticism leveled at him by flamehead.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, if we can go 10-6 playing Fisherball with (let's face it) average to slightly above average talent, then that is a positive, not a negative. If we had the Colts roster and couldn't win more than 10 games, then you might have something. And yes, you are acting as the sole authority here since you have dismissed everyone else's opinion of teams that run a ball control offense. So, if you want to do that, then I am asking you to tell me who you think runs this mystical offense so that we can actually have a conversation that isn't you telling me "no, no, that's not fisherball" every time I name an example that serves as a counterpoint. On a side not, it probably isn't a good idea to assume that other posters are dumb (why would you tell me to look up a word that a high school grad should know?). Of course, when you spell it wrong, it just makes you look dumb. I truly am not trying to be rude here and I'm sorry if it's come off that way, but I don't feel like we have any grounds to have a meaningful conversation until you clear up what it is we're talking about.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

What about football has changed? Maybe it's guys that are 6'6, run 4.3 40's, and have 47 inch vertical jumps. Or the much bigger and stronger linemen to plug holes. Or maybe it's the technology and player ranges available from Monday-Saturday that enables a twice as large coaching staff to better analyze and gameplan a one-dimensional team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar