bad news on the CBA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This sucks...:(

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

there are some really over-paid players out there.

Simeon Rice gets cut, i'd take him in a second.

3. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

Theres alot of Talent on that list, now given most of the over paid ones will probably restructure instead of being cut, but look who teams have let test the Free Agent markets already. Drew Brees is an excellent QB and coming off a nonserious injury(atleast not as serious as Culpepper, Palmer, or Pennington I think). Charles Woodson. Edge. All these are excellent impact players that would have a dramatic effect on a team quickly and most could change teams from close to a playoff to making the playoffs. There are a few lame ducks out there like Stephen Davis and such, but its bound to happen.

4. Actually the Titans only cut Schulers after June 1 last year among the high priced guys. The rest (Carter, Mason, Miller, Rolle) came prior to March.

Plus, June 1 cuts don't create a 50/50 split on dead money, it's whatever is scheduled this year still counts and whatever is prorated in the future all rolls up to the next season.

But I agree with the rest of what you said with the current state of the league. If they don't agree to a new CBA the players are going to be SOL this offseason.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Titan Mike Green, who notched 1,057 yards in 2001 ... ???
    Mike Green $1,435,000 # $1,435,000 $
    no, he's a safety for the Bears...
    Wah?
    I wonder whatever happened to that guy anyway?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The ex-Titans RB Mike Green was playing Arena II football somewhere last year. I think it was in Texas.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

He signed with the Corpus Christi Hammerheads after he was released in training camp by the Kats. And the Hammerheads arent even an AFL2 team, they're part of the "Intense Football League."

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Wow, thats worse than a going from a MLB team to the A league team. The IFL is like -AAAA football

9. sdavis2k

sdavis2k Guest

Thanks for the correction, I like many others was no clear on how they do it, and was simply going by a mixture of what i heard and thought.

Well no CBA offically as of today so it looks like the Lions, Packers, 49ers, Eagles, and Cards will be racking up during FA while everyone else trims the fat. (Those teams are all WELL before the cap) I heard the Packers will be almost 30 million under if Farve retires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar