Bad calls bad calls

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Yep. It's never ever called

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I've never really been someone to just blame the refs whenever something doesn't go my team's way but I've noticed lately just how blatant the refs show bias for certain teams the past few years and this year especially.

Fans criticizing the refs usually falls on deaf ears at this point because most claims of a foul act are pretty dumb and are just made by upset fans of a certain team. However, even looking at the game critically, the Denver game was atrocious officiating.

Now, were Walker's plays illegal? Yes, but how often are those calls really made? Rarely. Just like calling a travel in basketball. The 2nd call was way more blatant than the 1st but the 1st should have never been called. It's especially sketchy flag throwing considering Thomas, numerous times, was using the full extension of his arm to get DBs away from him to catch a pass. Or the time Walker was mugged in the end zone or the Murray to Mariota pass were also not called.

Sunday truly felt like it was the Titans vs the Broncos and the refs. Star players get special treatment and larger market teams seem to always get lucky when it comes to flags when going against a small market team.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree 100%. I don't usually complain too much (post game) about penalties... But it was pretty rough. Any time a defender is in a players face and doesn't turn to look for the ball, that's always called. Not to mention in both instances the defender was tangled up with the receiver early.

The second "pick play" by Walker, he clearly ran in and blocked the guy..that was an easy call. He wasn't supposed to "rub" at all according to Mularkey. I think there just wasn't enough room and he ran into the crowd of folks at that spot.

There was a pretty big grab on Matthews in the endzone on a deep throw also. I'm not sure he would have caught it, but the defender was worried enough to give him a good tug before the ball got there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Been thinking about this a lot. Think league wink winked to officials to give lean toward Dencer to improve chances of reigning Super Bowl Champs returning to playoffs.

With KC a near playoff lock wouldn't surprise me if we are the beneficiary of some of that our way to make it appear "balanced."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar