Back Up Middle Linebacker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, Feb 17, 2013.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

O-Line or lack of is biggest problem for him
  2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Word on the street is that Rey Maualuga might not be resigned.

Thats I guy I'd love to get in FA
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Go back and do some research on him. Dude gets to anxious before the start of games and his college coach stated it.

Idk if you are the anxious type or have ever experienced crazy anxiety but it's debilitating. I truly do think that is part if his problem. No doubt the o line isn't helping. His mentality can be attributed to lack of faith in the o line as well
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I know about his nerves, but you'd be surprised how many players have this same issue.

Lots of All-Pro vets still get butterflies. Even Jerry Rice had this going on 15 years in.
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Yea that is true too. It's not something that just goes away for some people. The coaches have to be aware of it and curb the problem early in games and get him comfortable. Palmer was horrible at this. Loggains better fix it.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Loggains knows Jake, he'll be smart and play small ball early
  7. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Yea I see some serious run run pass offense coming. Hopefully not quickly followed by punt tgo
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I was thinking more slants & screens early on. But not those Palmer screens, real screens that work
  9. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

WCO? Idk about that. I'm afraid locker had a problem with timing routes. Ball placement on those drops were all over the place. I'd actually be happy to see those types of plays ran. That's kinda how we played Hass. But that quickly changed as soon as locker got on the field. They started going deep ball to suit his accuracy probs.

I hardly remember quick routes with locker. Most the routes were based on a 5 yard stem route and then a break.
  10. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

I think the talks of a legit backup RB says we are gearing up to run the ball. I think munch sold this year to CJ by saying we are going back to a more run heavy O. More touches to get his 2000 yards.