Back to the future: Start Vince Young Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 954titan, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 954titan

954titan Camp Fodder

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

:ha:

And that site admin gets a giant F for not allowing one to highlight text to copy and paste.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know, I know, but go tell Fisher and his idiot coaching staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 954titan

954titan Camp Fodder

When I saw that i laughed too. its funny but true.

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

That's like the 5th article I've read saying the same thing. Plus, every single guy on around the horn said to put VY.

Oh well..

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The horrific part of this is that Kerry isn't the worst QB on the team. If we had to play a game tomorrow for the Super Bowl, I promise you VY isn't going into that game.

It's sad that a front office who are so successful in other parts of life can't see that it takes a top tier QB to win a Super Bowl. You can have all the 13-3 records you want, but a below average QB will 95% of the time produce below average playoff results.

No QB on our roster has the ability to be a dependable play maker when it matters (with their arm). Until that changes get used to a terrible team, and when we do get lucky and make the playoffs don't expect to go very far.

7. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

I can't believe there is a fan alive that wouldn't agree with that article. I guess KFC's wife or anyone else who he is giving it to might not but that is it. I'm sure Fisher doesn't agree with it.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that "Kerry gives us the best chance of winning" is all there is to that.

The only reason he would say that and actually believe/follow through with it, is if he (Fisher) thinks this season is salvageable. Right now it MIGHT be salvageable, but if we lose to the Colts and/or Pats, season's over. That said, 'Kerry gives us the best chance of winning' becomes a moot point. Gives us the best chance of winning what Jeff? The rest of our games in a season that is already gone?
    I also think that lack of faith in Vince has very little to do with this as well. If Fisher had a lack of faith in Vince, then he shouldn't have said that Vince would be ready to fill in now if something happened to Kerry. If he does indeed have no faith in Vince, then the aforementioned statement makes him a liar. Fisher, while vague as hell when he talks to the media, just doesn't seem like a liar.
    -maybe he thinks Collins would retire if he benched him. That would leave them with only one QB
    -maybe he thinks that he might come across as inconsistent to the team members
    -maybe he and Dinger do have every intention of starting Vince next year regardless and want to give him all opportunites to learn from the sideline
    -I'm also thinking that Fisher may very well know that the main problem lies in the defense and if we can get the defense fixed, Collins can go back to managing the game and not try to operate outside of his performance envelope
    -or maybe he is planning to start Vince but wants to keep mum about it to prevent teams from gameplanning for him

I just don't think it's a lack of faith in Vince that's causing this.

9. JokerJ

JokerJ Camp Fodder

Oh they're out there. I'm happy to see that they are getting fewer and fewer though. I really don't get all the loyalty to Collins. He hasn't done anything to deserve the blind support that he gets.

10. amy

amy Starter

I feel for any fans who sacrificed in order to buy season tickets because they believed Fisher's "You don't want to be the first team to play us." Yeah, right, Jeff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar