back to back wins, a home win...what's next?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That would be great, only takes 4 in a row to become a contender

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

My personal opinion it would help Mariota tremendously if we went away from these 3 TE sets on passing plays with AJ as the only WR. There is nothing explosive about that personnel. Nor does it help running a passing play with only two Wrs to throw too, one of them being AJ. Conclusion; AJ is washed up and should stop being counted on as a consistent threat, meanwhile being in formations that include Walker, Wright, Mathews, and Murray/Henry as options in the passing game creates the explosive opportunities this offense desperatly needs. We constantly put Mariota into situations where he either has to decide to give up on the play or try and make something out of nothing. He needs to stop making bad decisions but i like that our qb isnt afraid to attack the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

We're still running 3 TEs?

I've noticed Kelly line up at TE, but I don't think 3 TEs is a thing lately

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Walker Fasano and Supernaw...of course. I saw one play where they all went out running a route on a passing down.
    I know we got the long pass to Mathews on one play in 3 TE set. I dont mind that because Mathews is a bigger threat than AJ but the odds of him getting open is greatly reduced in those type of formations and if he doesnt get open then Mariota is faced with the dilemma to try and make something out of nothing or throw the ball away. This just happens way too often with us so intent on this run first approach.

#44 PRAY IV M3RCY, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

The Wright TD came from multiple TE set, it can work if your 2 WRs are quick and get in space. We ran something similar 2-3 plays before the TD with Sharpe and it got Mariota sacked

Just need to be sure to not feature Sharpe/Douglas much and it works

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They should be using Fowler more

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Selective memory....considering you call him Mariflota. Lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

They call it Jumbo TE but it's Kelly...not a TE. Not sure if we put another TE on the other side. We probably do.

9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We actually ran a 1 WR set in the redzone and it fooled no one. Of course it was a run. Now, if we had KW as the 1 WR, we might hit a slant. Surprised it wasn't run that way.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm sorry, was that not how the game ended?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar