Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Babs for the long term

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ensconatus, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    “@jwyattsports: The #Titans have had talks with the agent for safety Jordan Babineaux about a long-term deal. The team wants Babineaux back in 2012”
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $86
    Out of all the safeties from last year, he would be the one I would have wanted to retain the most.
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,405
    I much agree with that 45. The thing I'm looking at the most here, is veteran presence.

Griff prob gone
    Finny prob gone
    Jones.... Idk if he wants to play "swing" or if he takes the Money we offer...

So our veteran presence on defense will be?.... Babs? Seems all very risky. Hopefully we have some strong willed youngins and proper coaching to boot.
  4. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $86
    Right, I think we had to bring one of those 3 back at the minimum.

We still have Spoon and I agree, somewhere down the line we need to address a veteran presence somewhere.
  5. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,132
    I'd be more than happy with bringing Babineaux back. 3yr/$5M deal seems fair. He's only 29, and we need a veterean pressence in our backfield. Pair him up with a 1st or 2nd round safety rookie.
  6. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,966
    I've figured all along we'd bring back Babs and fill Griffin's hole at FS via draft/FA. Makes the most sense to keep SOME stability back there, Babs is very serviceable as a starter, knows and loves and the scheme, and won't come with an expensive price tag.
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,530
    Very happy to see the team following my offseason plans.

Remember kids; dont do drugs or re-sign Griffin. Theyll both make you stupid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,674
    I'd rather keep Babs because he's cheaper and he's better than Griff.

If we could draft Mark Barron in the 1st in the draft that would give us a good duo at safety.
  9. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,647
    Long-term, yes, but it has to be cheap. It's not like he is a superstar or anything.
  10. Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

Washington
    Moolah:
    $23,436
    Not really sure where the Babs love is coming from.