Babin to the Eagles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I could get 12.5 sacks in a 9-technique. Babin has one maybe two moves; get the Tackle to block outside and spin inside and get blocked by the Guard, or get the Tackle to block inside and shoot way wide outside. Somehow somewhere he squeezed in some sacks, good for him, but bad for us. Glad he's able to keep the hype going for himself by going back to the Eagles with coach Washburn. I liked the dude, but he wasn't right for us going forwards.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Babin does NOT suck!

My goodness, I think the Eagles overpaid for his services, but he's back with Washburn who is probably the main reason why Babin had his best year playing for the Titans

I for one, hate to lose him

3. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

You might hate to lose him but what's the point in keeping him if he'll just be ineffective in our new scheme (don't hold me to this, but he must have played 7-technique in some of the places he was at before and he didn't exactly dominate)

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

He was good because he played undisciplined style football. Andy Reid won't tolerate that. And there defense won't be the same, being trash against the run won't help him. He's not gonna start, he's going to be a role player used on 3rd down to rush the QB. You won't be hearing about babin anymore so just move on.

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Compare to what we have he is MVP! And he was one of the top defensive players last season almost 13 sacs and stops the outside run BINGO!

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

In 2 years people will laugh at you if you say Babin is better than Derrick Morgan. Mark it down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Best of luck in Philly Babin. He was a solid player for the scheme we used last year, this year he wans't a very good fit. I couldn't stand him being five yards off the tackle every time, but hey he got sacks.

As for his contract, I'm glad the Titans didn't give a 31 year old, with one good season, a 5 year contract. That's just crazy.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He just doesn't fit what we're going to try to do on defense anymore. We won't just line up our DE's really wide and have their only assignment be to get a sack. They'll be better against the run and RBs won't be able to run around the outside when the DEs over pursued.

I really hope we go out and get Ray Edwards at a good price now. We need another starting calibur DE to go with Morgan.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Would you be happy with the Titans giving Ray Edwards a 5yr/$28 mil deal? Or do you considering that overpaying?

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

2 words..

Jevon Kearse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar