BAA rds 1 and 2..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Your joking right........................ok good I thought you were serious for a second. Have you forgot Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, then maybe Irons. He could turn out to be the best but so could some dude drafted in the 7th round you never know but he is not better at this point the AP or ML.

2. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

I've been thinking the same thing about Olsen. I think that kid could be the best TE in the league in the not-too-distant future. I don't know enough about Irons to comment on him. I'd be fine with getting those two in Rds 1 & 2 and then addressing the other needs in the rest of the draft. That's as long as we don't pick up Turner of course.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Hey, thanks for the response Roll Tide. If we can get some solid CB talent in rounds 3-4 then I am for waiting. What is the drop off between 1-2 round talent and what you are talking about in 3-4? If it is minimal that I really think you are right.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pa...

Why should i walk in lock step with experts who are wrong 65% of the time? Peterson is injury prone and might not be durable to succeed in the nfl at the highest level.
    Irons' combine workouts were on an equal par with anything lynch did. Irons ran the same 40 time that lynch did actually slightly faster 4.45 to 4.46 and irons had a faster cone time, a faster shuttle time and a higher vertical. Irons had a 38 inch vertical that's outstanding.

Irons played in the SEC lynch played at sissy berkley.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Kenny Irons turns 25 this year. As far as I'm concerned, he has a 5 year window to play IF he even turns out to be a player. I really like the way he runs, but he is also injury prone. Overall, those two factors alone sink him to a 3rd rounder at the earliest in my view. As far as Olson, I didn't watch him play at all his final season in college. I wonder about his lack of production but I realize that Kyle Wright probably had something to do with that. He is a freak athletically, sure. But there are plenty of those type guys that never make it. I don't have enough info on him to make a call I guess, but it would take a severe lack of talent available at 19 for me to take him.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Irons turns 24 in september..

Born sept 83.

Irons had almost 50 more carries the last 2 seasons than adrian peterson had. Irons missed just one game in 2 seasons.

Peterson ran for 1925 yards in 04 but only 1108 in 05 and 1012 in 06. Where is that trend going?

The main difference between peterson and irons is that one will be a top 10 pick and the other the 50th pick. Irons is a solid back who has averaged over 1100 yards in his 2 seasons of play against the best competition. He is hardly a risk at all with the 50th pick.

As for olsen you talk as if the guy didn't produce at all while there and is just a workout guy. His production was comparable to what shockey and winslow accomplished with 2 400+ yard seasons and those other guys played with better WRs. Olsen is a better TE prospect than any WR we can pick is at their position.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We already have a athletic TE that can't block....Ben Troupe.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

:shake:

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I had a long reply written out comparing Irons and Peterson, but I'm not sure I believe it either. I'm down for picking Irons but I think that I would rather have Turner or LJ.

Note: Irons missed 2 games this past season and one other game he had only one carry. Also, you're right about turning 24. I can't subtract apparently. Still, 24 is a year or two older than most other players coming out.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Needless to say..

I think the bears with the 31st pick(olsen) and the bengals with the 49th pick(irons) were big winners yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar