B-Dubs coming to Cool Springs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just saying it seems like a classic case of "oh man that place is wildly popular, so let's pretend to know better places. MmYah "

[​IMG]

Ghastly wings, those Buffalo Wilds are. Oh my.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What?
    Wings can be truly great or they can suck royally.

3. Deuce Wayne

All the wings Ive had pretty much taste the exact same. Like chicken dipped in sauce.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The sauce alone can make or break a wing.
    The traditional Red Hot/Butter combo is my preference.
    Anyone who's ever bitten into a nasty, partially cooked, gross skin fat hanging off the tip wing can attest to the fact that they can be done wrong.
    I have perfected a way to remove ALL the skin and fat prior to cooking - which is perfect for a "grilled" hot wing, which done right can kill any deep-fried jobber.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Word. I think I've had 1 bad batch of wings before. That's all though... and it was from Pizza Hut or Dominos. So to be expected.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think you must've suffered more brain damage over the weekend.

I really don't know why it's a big deal if some people comment they don't like a place. And yes, I know other sportsbars I'd rather go to than BWW like Broadway Brewhouse, Sam's, or Sportsman's Grille to name a few. Again, why is that a big deal?

I also have to highly question your palate if you can't tell the difference in wings. I mean seriously? Like there are small crisp wings, there are big fat juicy wings, there are oversauced wings, etc etc etc. If you can't tell the difference between wings from papa johns/dominos versus a restaurant or home cooked there is something wrong with you.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Personally, I like BWW a lot. Their Mango Habanero sauce is really good. I don't think it's necessarily "typical" bar food. Some of the items are kind of unique. What really sucks is the service. The service is worse than terrible and since they have gone into expansion mode they are overly corporate now. Just don't go there and expect service because you won't get it. The way the place is run is flawed. Too much random delegating and no accountability. Too much "do my job while I do so and so's job and so and so does my job". (not teamwork) It's an awful way to operate a restaurant. If you want to go watch a game and plan on being there several hours it might be your thing. However, instead of being handed some headphones so you can actually hear your game they try to push a trivia machine in your face. Also, it would be nice if they turned the hip hop jams mix off. Pop music needn't be blaring in a sports bar. I really do like those mango wings though.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Toots has the best fried wings.

Kirknburts has the best smoked wings, which makes them the best

Home baked with a red sauce/butter combo rocks. Tons of work though.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Asian Zing is my go to... Like the habanero ones too.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Other people hit it. Food is fine IMO and you are right, it is popular. Here in Knoxville, if you want to go to a place where a bunch of people are watching the game or the UFC fights or whatever, then BWW is a good place. You WILL see some friends. If you want to WATCH the game or fights and receive a comparable product at a cheaper price with better service, then there are other choices.

I like the food. I used to go there for lunch quite a bit when I was salaried and we had slow days, but now I'm hourly/comission and can't afford to waste 2 hours on lunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar