Awww yeah. Beast Mode!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

CrossFit workouts are the way to go. They suck *** while you are doing them, and then the next day, but it is basically a 1.5 hour traditional workout crammed into 8 minutes or so.

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

3. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

I dislike people who do crossfit...or at least the ones at my gym.....this reminds me of them...they think they are all bad lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Calorie burning? Not if you're doing it properly. If you're doing KB training for cardio, you need to quit altogether.

Has nothing to do with balance strength? Didn't you just say it engages a "ton" of muscles? That's exactly what it's for. To work muscle that typically isn't. Which is why it started in football training programs for offensive linemen so they'd use muscles they'll use while off-balance blocking and all.

Again you mentioned cardio when talking about Kettle Bells...

IF you do it as a cario workout (which would be utterly stupid, to put it nicely) you're killing your body and you'll probably be looking at joint problems in the future.

Hey, for a second someone may have thought you knew what you were talking about. Nope.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Sorry dude, but I am not sure you know what you are talking about. He was saying that muscles are your primary calorie burners ... which is right. Muscles are an active tissue. They burn calories even if you are just sitting around. So engaging all of those muscles, and breaking them down burns calories when they are building back. KB workouts engage a lot of different muscles, not like bench press or curls or something that isolates a certain area, so you can affect much larger group of muscles, and ultimately burn more calories than a typical weight lifting workout.

2ndly ... As far as replacing running or cardio like that with KB swings, they aren't the same, but KB swings are a form of cardio bc they get the heart rate up. Most other weightlifting workouts don't do that. Most people aren't out of breath after bench press or squats. KB engages cardio and strength. They are a good overall workout.

I am guessing you have never done them, or not under the supervision of a professional trainer incorporating them properly into your workouts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again... if you're expecting to get a cardio workout with kettle bells...

ditch your personal trainer.

7. Thaddeus43

Again, you are not getting the point ... KB is not a cardio workout to replace your typical cardio (ie running), but if you think that there is 0 cardio involved in it, then you don't know what you are talking about.

Also any workout done too much will kill your joints, no matter the motion or whether it involves weight or not.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If youre not breathing heavy after curls or squats then you aren't doing them right. All workouts can be a form of cardio if you want them to be. And trust me, im an expert in this stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

9. Thaddeus43

Maybe your holding your breath LOL ...

Just kidding, but you know what I mean. There is a difference from breathing heavy after curls, and being out of breath after running. Maybe I should have been a little more clear. The level of "out of breathness" (if thats a word lol) and heart rate is much greater after doing KB than curls. Thats all I'm saying

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar