Available QB's???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VA_Titans, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

palmer or seneca wallace

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Marc Bulger is healthy again.

3. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

Matt Hass, Chad Penny and Shaun Hill could be something to look out

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Or just laugh at.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

After reading Mike Keith's story on Bulger I'm definitely interested. He always had a strong arm and was solid on those good Rams teams. And now that he's healthy I think he makes a lot of sense for a lot of good reasons.

He's experienced, he's a smart QB, he has arm strength, touch and accuracy, can make all the throws and would not cost a whole lot. He more than likely won't be courted to be a starter for most teams so I think that if we made a play for him and let him know he'd be competing for the #1 that he'd rise to the challenge. I'm not just saying this to agree with you TJ, but I always liked Bulger. He was a victim of sh!++y luck when he went down with that injury in STL but if he's back to good health then I would definitely want to take a long hard look at him.

6. CURRAN-12

CURRAN-12 The New Titan

Here are some QBs that I think could come into training camp and compete, kind of like the raiders had done they took a bunch of decent qbs and made them battle it out for pecking order.. I believe they had at one point Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski, Jason Campbell and Kyle Boller..

So these guys are available and look much better than Rusty Smith.. I bolded my favs
    Marc Bulger (BAL)
    Todd Collins (CHI)
    Caleb Hanie (CHI)
    Brady Quinn (DEN)
    Drew Stanton (DET)
    Trent Edwards (JAC)
    Luke McCown (JAC)
    Brodie Croyle (KC)
    Chad Pennington (MIA)
    Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
    Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
    Jim Sorgi (NYG)
    Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
    Kyle Boller (OAK)
    Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
    Dennis Dixon (PIT)
    Billy Volek (SD) Very interesting
    Troy Smith (SF)
    Kerry Collins (TEN)
    Rex Grossman (WAS)

Seneca Wallace, Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Alex Smith and Leinart are available too..

7. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

Draft Ryan Mallet!

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Something I think people are failing to mention is that most of the QB on this list have an opportunity to come to Tennessee and play on a MUCH better offense. Bringing in a veteran QB would allow us to focus on interior OLine in the draft, probably the only other weak point on our offense. Our skills players are awesome. CJ, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Damien Williams, Nate Washington.... that's a massive upgrade from the squads most of these dudes would be leaving behind. How a QB plays on a no-talent offense with no OLine can't be a great indicator of his potential. I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on an Orton or Flynn if we get them for cheap. That would free up some draft picks that otherwise HAVE TO go to a QB, because as of now we don't have one on the roster who's worth a damn

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd consider him.

..sadly.:suspect:

10. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

People IDK what it would take to get Carson Palmer but if I was Tennessee I would try very hard to get him...

You might ask why? Whats the big deal about Palmer but you're looking at the glass half full.

But has to put up with DIVA WR every year and he wouldn't have that problem in Tennessee. Plus we can offer him one of the best backs in the NFL so I highly doubt anyone would put eight man fronts against CJ. Plus the man has to play against the Steelers and Ravens twice a year. Put him in the AFC south with the people we can put around him I see him doing very well... I think Palmer could put us over the top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar