Available OL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

You're on to something with history and future there.. but still here is your paper bag :anon: This is the NFL.

Bold honestly highlights my point - majority of posters here cannot view or interpret things situationally.

As we saw last year, and currently still are.. new coaches inherit rosters every year and are forced into making the best of it (especially if they bring new concepts or schemes). Coaches also are not the only decision makers in NFL organizations; many times the organization and FO have their own mind set and way of thinking. Factor in caps situations and limited draft picks, you really better hope your NFL team has a headcoach and FO with their heads together moving in one direction.

It's fully documented on this forum and elsewhere our ongoing issues with the OL - many of us feel it could have been addressed better this past off-season, and I am in no position to disagree with that. But it didn't happen and we still found ourselves with a good draft and more potential than last year.

Arians inherited Whiz's roster, then made changes and his own situation.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You can say that about any coach. Whiz went through QBs like toilet paper in AZ and then was lucky Warner saved his ass.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats what everyone should do, burn thru bad QB's a mile a minute, no sense in spending 4 years the way we've done..

I am perfectly fine shuffling through guys to find the right one...

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

At least our offensive line is better than Tampa's

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Either way they overrated us tremendously.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Exactly why RW needs a pink slip.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

They have Poutasi (whatever) starting at RT... Hasn't looked that way so far and Whis hasn't seemed real impressed when asked about him. Still a few weeks to go though, so hopefully he can shape up and help the OLine.

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Blackson has been getting some positive buzz out of camp though from what I've read. Maybe not as bad of a pick as we once thought. Still only camp.

Man thinking about it now I wish we just took a chance with the Collins kid in the 6th/7th. I mean I can't fault the FO for not doing it, nobody else did either, but woulda been schweet to get that kind of value. Why did he have to go to Dallas anyways, they're stacked as is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

he went to the highest bidder IIRC, Jerry Jones would rather pay him to sit and learn than to face him in the future, the guy was a beast last week, there should be a LaEl Collins is a starter thread, wonder what Dallas wants for him, they could do without a 8th stud lineman....

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar