Audiophiles

Discussion in 'Gear' started by GoT, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Finally had a chance too work on the Ranger again.

Got the doors ensolite cut too shape and have decided on a gameplan for the MLV also.

Will be using HH-66 to 'bond' the MLV too the door panel. Effectively sandwiching the MLV between the ensolite (ccf) and the doors weather barrier ( which is also ccf). This solution will provide around 90% MLV coverage on the doors and with the damper/insulation inside the door I am declaring this as good as I can do.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Crutchfield just mailed me a catalog and it contained part 4 of the ultimate car stereo series. I mention this because I found this article particularly timley too me.

They are soundproofing an F150 and some of the things in the article:

soundproofing is very time consuming
    the did before and after SPL (Sound Pressure Level) checks. Before was 86db After was 81db. This is about half what I hope too achieve so not looking good for that 10db loss I am, without any logical reason, hoping for. More bad news is the 86db before measurment is about what I got on my base level measurments.
    on the plus side the did achieve 10db SPL loss on particularly noisy roads, gravel. I dont travel on any gravel roads though.
    They went with more product is better approach I have seen in so many builds.
    for some odd reason the did the soundproofing AFTER the install was complete. I find this a strange choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar