Attorney for Pacman Upset at Treatment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Manny Arora is one of the best criminal attorneys around. The word in Atlanta is that if you did the crime and don't want to do the time you get Manny Arora. The guy he will be working with in Vegas is also top notch I understand. This could be a very weak case but even if they get him off Pac still has a lot of problems to work out plus dealing with his next strip bar outing.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

He probable knows that but is not expecting you, as a fan to. To me it COULD be a ploy to try to get some sympathy for Adam.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Would actually make the legal system worse, already have over-crowded prison cells and wanna add more?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Here is who would qualify for for prison time:
    1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
    2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
    3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
    4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The way I read the story, the lawyers problem is that the police went public to the media with the warrant BEFORE it was actually filed. It may have been a technicality, but I personally do find it strange that the police were proactive in giving the media the information. Normally you have to request the police for information, they're not a news service after all.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I agree that would be uncommon practice... but there's nothing showing Vegas went to the media... just Jones lawyers making off-the-cuff comments.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

didn't stop anyone saying Pacman shot or order someone to shoot.

8. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Jones wan't charged with shooting or odering someone to shoot... he was charged with Coercion ( layman terms: stopping someone from getting or giving help ). Now show me evidence, resources that show Vegas going to the media. FYI... the felony part of it is " with force "

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Did I say he was? When this all started it was the opinion of many.

No it isn't.

Coercion is the use of force to cause something.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

That's not how it works... Coercion is when a person " with intent " compels another to do or abstain from doing and act which the other person has the right to do, IE: get or give help. Example: lets say a man beats his wife causing injury... and the wife attemps to call police, but the husband gets to the phone and rips it out of the wall so she can't call police... that's Coercion in the misdemeanor form. Now lets say the husband uses physical force or immediate threats of physical force so she can't get help... thats a felony. In Jones case " dont' quote me because I don't know the facts "... but Jones used Physical force or threats of Physical force so the club security could not restore order, render aid or regain control... but again, don't quote me because I don't know the facts. You can still have coercion without force

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar