Atlanta runs the option with success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

don't get mad at him, he's 15. :ha:

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

We should go back to the Run & Shoot. We have a stud TE who's underused, we have RB than can catch outta da backfield, a QB with a good arm and awesome wheels, and a good corps of WR to make 4-WR sets (DG, DB, BW and BJ)

Heck, why not? Oh, and to do that, we get rid of Pat Morita there and get a real NFL coordinator

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh and how, because he couldn't beat the Cards, or because Frank Gore makes him look good?

Are you sure about that? We have no running game. An established running game helps out a QB ten fold. Alex Smith would look no better than KC right now in this offense. Give VY a solid, consistent running game and we<ll see who does more damage. Smith got a long TD pass last week off a tipped ball, and after a DB tripped. Watch the Niners this week against Philly, you'll see what I mean

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He had Frank Gore last year.

They also beat the Rams.

He has a 93 QB rating, 521 yards passing, 2 TDs no interception against starters. ZERO Interceptions, means he is doing something right. A league leading Wide Reciever, means he is doing something right. 260 yard passing per game...yeah all on Frank Gore :rolleyes:

San Fran is a team with absolutely no talent whatsoever.

VY is a rookie, if you think he can do better then Smith right now, you're dreaming.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Why are we arguing weather or not VY is better than smith...who cares. Of that offense is working for VICK, then why not us? Young showed what he could do with it at Texas!!

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I cant see the Falcons offense lasting very long. I think you are going to see defenses start to make sure they get a shot on Vick everytime they run the option and there is no way you can have your QB taking a lot of hits. It certainly looks good now, but I cant see offense lasting for more than a season or two.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It's a gimmick type O, not their base O. I'm sure it'd be the same with us, and we may not see Vince running much more with it than he normally would when he sees no one open or runs a boot.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I realize it isnt Atlanta's base O, they still run the West Coast they have just made it more friendly to what Vick does. But still, your QB is going to take a lot more hits running the option than he would just scrambling. Plus, we dont have Warrick Dunn or Jerrious Norwood. The option isnt just based around your QB but you have to have the quick speedy backs. All of our backs are more power backs or slasher backs. You might be able to do it with Brown, but he wouldnt be nearly as effective with it as a Dunn or Norwood would be.

10. what do u mean by a slasher back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar