Atlanta has the worse traffic ever..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Titanup1982, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I can't speak to Atlanta traffic today, but about 10-12 years ago I drove through Atlanta every week heading from Murfreesboro to South Carolina. My employer's office was in downtown Nashville, which meant I spent alot of time on I-24. Back then I would rather be on 75 heading to 20 in Atlanta than heading on 40 to 24 in Nashville, hands down. Since then Nashville may have improved the roads in that area though.

That said, I agree with RT... Chicago is every bit as bad now as what I remember Atlanta being back then....maybe worse. If you do not have IPass you had better have at least $10 in your pocket to get through town...maybe getting closer to $20 now.

The other place I would call out is San Francisco...not necessarily because of the traffic volume, but because there really is no way to bypass the city to get from north to south. Trying to get from north of the Golden Gate Bridge to SFO was always a pain in the posterior.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I recall there are some 101 alternates to the east. If you're in SF though, yeah you're screwed. You haven't really driven until you've driven nearly vertical downtown streets in SF. Parallel parking on one of those roads - forget it. Always loved being the 2nd or third guy at a light at the top. There's a special skill in navigating how to take off from that position.
    Brake service stations must be a goldmine in that town.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Atlanta is god awful for traffic. I used to live in the Tampa area and drive back and forth to Nashville on breaks. You had to plan it right so that you hit Atlanta at a relatively slow time.

I'm afraid that is where Nashville is heading though. We need to put in a train system now while its still relatively easy.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there already is one and hords of people avoid using it so they are not abandoned in downtown Nahsville without a ride home

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

To me...

Chicago & Dallas = Will I ever get out of here?
    Atlanta = Please God, don't let anyone hit the car trailer.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Thats sick man, this country is a lot of fun trust me.

Everything is legal, the moment you can hold money, you can buy watever u want lol

no joke, i've been drunk since 2012 started, epic year so far

10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Was in Orlando today, and I have never seen so many pay tolls in my life. How do they get away with that? Wow..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar