Ashley Lelie?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Aug 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

http://www.nfl.com/players/ashleylelie/careerstats?id=LEL296636

One very good season with the Broncos, other than that mediocre to poor seasons.

I say sign Ashley Lelie and Joe Horn and cut Paul Williams and Chris Davis. Not likely Lelie or Horn will be any kind of real solution, but I figure they'd do as much as what we got, and would maybe be a small upgrade and stopgap for our WR situation.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Stop the Joe Horn bias. He's an idiot and waaaaaay over the hill.

Lelie is too lazy, but will fit our WR corps perfectly, with is ability to drop balls.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Lelie drops more passes than Jones, and Horn is Eric Moulds all over again. Pass on both.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

At this point pass on both.

But, we are a bit thin at the position (not that we had a great deal of depth before) after releasing all the wideouts we released today.

Keep an eye open for recently released wideouts showing up in town.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

How bad do you have to be to get released by the 49ers as a WR? Terrible.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

A trade wouldn't surprise me.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah, it's not like I think either of these guys are amazing.

For some reason, with Lelie, I just remember a lot of his Hawaii games. (I used to love it in college when I could come home at 1 or 2AM and Hawaii game would be live in the 2nd quarter).

But my thinking is, I'd rather have Joe Horn and Lelie in the wr mix with Gage, McCareins, BJones, and Hawkins.

I'd assume have them over Paul Williams and Chris Davis. (hopefully i'll be wrong about that)

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm actually going to say no.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I say Lelie. At least bring him in to look at. Can he really be worse than anything we have here. ( yes even the Justin's)

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar