Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

From Rotoworld

A league source tells CSN Philadelphia's Derrick Gunn that the Eagles could trade Asante Samuel to the Titans "some time in the next few days."
    Per Gunn, the price tag would be a third-round pick. Titan Insider's Terry McCormick reported earlier Wednesday that the Titans had "at least some interest" in uniting Samuel with Alterraun Verner and Jason McCourty, and the 31-year-old playmaker could almost certainly be Tennessee's at the third-round cost. The Titans have been aggressive since whiffing on Peyton Manning, signing Kam Wimbley and now setting their sights on a top NFL cornerback.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we end up getting Asante Id expect JMac to move to the nickle vs 3WR sets. Asante needs the sideline to be good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we spend a 3rd on a proven veteran CB and he signs a 4 year extension, its not a bad deal. How many 3rd rounders really last past 4yrs in TN? Very few. And we have had some decent cover corners before. Samari Rolle may have been our best CB ever and he couldnt tackle. Asante does add somthing to this team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why wouldn't Verner go to the nickel? He played that spot really well when he was a rookie.

5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Jim Wyatt says Titans arent interested at this time.

6. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

I'll take Asante over Mouton ANY day....Campbell i'm convinced needs another season or two to get his "mental" part of the game up.

This is a great move in my opinion and now we can focus on Dline/Oline in the draft.

That is, if it happens.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Man I really hope not. That 3rd spot could nab us a good center. Does any one think we could get a good center in the 4th instead?

8. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

the reports are a conditional 3rd round pick in next years draft, so we won't lose anything this draft.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well i knew better than to get my hopes up.So now the Titans are not interested?

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Timeline of Asante events:

20 Hours Ago: Terry McCormick tweet that Titans have some interest in Asante.
    18 Hours Ago: Wyatt says he's been told team is not interested at this time
    9:30 3/28: Philly news comes otu with this article: http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...be-traded-to-Titans?blockID=678934&feedID=704

edit:

This morning on espn insider rumors...
    "The Tennessee Titans had been included on a potential list of suitors for Philadelphia Eagles CB Asante Samuel, but a report on Wednesday afternoon from Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean indicated that there was no interest from the team in Samuel.

However, also on Wednesday, Terry McCormick of TitanInsider reported that the team does have some interest in the CB. Building on that, Derrick Gunn of CSN Philly reports that a trade sending Samuel to the Titans in exchange for a conditional third-round pick could take place within the next few days.

Of course, a lot of things could happen within the next few days. While we can't rule this specific trade scenario out, the lukewarm report from one Titans reporter and the ice cold one from another seem to indicate that this potential trade is just in the beginning stages, if it's developing at all.

- Tim Kavanagh"

now we wait

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar