Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Asante Samuel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49 Guest

2. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,940
    I'll be honest. I'm still not impressed with how we have GM'd our way into an UNPROVEN rookie RB leading the way for the starting position competing with a grossly underachieving 2nd year with little productivity in his rookie year. WR wasn't improved much either.

I don't think a lot has changed to improve a lot of fans opinion of MR at this point. Hopefully, that continues to change as it appears he (they) did make a good choice passing on Meachem.
    • Tip Jar Donor

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Moolah:
    $5
    yea, but unproven running backs are almost en vogue now... Addai had the same criticism last year. The Broncos have made a living with the unproven back du jour. Running game has a ton to do with the OL and FB. I would have preferred to see T-Hen stay, but I don't mind the fact that MR didn't replace him with an over-the-hill vet or by trading the Titans soul for Turner.
  3. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,940
    We are not the Colts or the Patriots. They are not recovering from cap hell. IMO- no way T Henry should have been let go, especially when Brown was half way out the door also. It seems an unnecessary risk to have taken.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Would you have given him what the Broncos did?
  4. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,940
    We could have had him for 4 million less if we had never let him test the market.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    You'd paid the $8 mil bonus + his '07 base to keep him one more season?
  5. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,940
    Yes. I would have beat his market value by doing that.

I don't have some blind love for T. Henry- honestly I didn't like the guy and rode him on this board his first year. But he earned his money last year and we didn't (IMO) manage the asset/investment we had in him well by letting him go.
    • Tip Jar Donor

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Moolah:
    $5
    Yea, they were willing to offer him up to $8 mil total, but that was it... I mean $8.3 mil bonus + salary is a little unreasonable for 1 good year of running and 1 poor year with a 4-game suspension for pot-smoking, isn't it? The 12 million he got was surprising, especially coming from Denver who tends to get their 1000 yd RBs from the local Piggly Wiggly.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    No way I pay $8.3 mil plus his '07 base (which I don't remember) regardless of our cap surplus right now because much of it will be used to restructure players the Titans want to keep long-term.

The only way I keep T. Henry is to do a long-term deal and I think Denver overpaid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.