Asante Samuel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'll be honest. I'm still not impressed with how we have GM'd our way into an UNPROVEN rookie RB leading the way for the starting position competing with a grossly underachieving 2nd year with little productivity in his rookie year. WR wasn't improved much either.

I don't think a lot has changed to improve a lot of fans opinion of MR at this point. Hopefully, that continues to change as it appears he (they) did make a good choice passing on Meachem.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

yea, but unproven running backs are almost en vogue now... Addai had the same criticism last year. The Broncos have made a living with the unproven back du jour. Running game has a ton to do with the OL and FB. I would have preferred to see T-Hen stay, but I don't mind the fact that MR didn't replace him with an over-the-hill vet or by trading the Titans soul for Turner.

3. Riverman

We are not the Colts or the Patriots. They are not recovering from cap hell. IMO- no way T Henry should have been let go, especially when Brown was half way out the door also. It seems an unnecessary risk to have taken.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Would you have given him what the Broncos did?

5. Riverman

We could have had him for 4 million less if we had never let him test the market.

6. TitanJeff

You'd paid the $8 mil bonus + his '07 base to keep him one more season?

7. Riverman

Yes. I would have beat his market value by doing that.

I don't have some blind love for T. Henry- honestly I didn't like the guy and rode him on this board his first year. But he earned his money last year and we didn't (IMO) manage the asset/investment we had in him well by letting him go.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, they were willing to offer him up to $8 mil total, but that was it... I mean $8.3 mil bonus + salary is a little unreasonable for 1 good year of running and 1 poor year with a 4-game suspension for pot-smoking, isn't it? The 12 million he got was surprising, especially coming from Denver who tends to get their 1000 yd RBs from the local Piggly Wiggly.

9. TitanJeff

No way I pay $8.3 mil plus his '07 base (which I don't remember) regardless of our cap surplus right now because much of it will be used to restructure players the Titans want to keep long-term.

The only way I keep T. Henry is to do a long-term deal and I think Denver overpaid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar