Asante Samuel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not likely to happen. But I wouldn't mind it.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we were looking at that, we wouldn't have signed Harper and be working Griffen at corner. Unless the FO thinks pacman is gone for good, and the Pats decide to lower the price for Samuel, I don't think we're getting him.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

With MR in the FO? Big trades aint happenin'. However, we're freakin' animals when it comes to signing small name backups and special team stars. We 'almost' traded/signed a few big players. Not to worry...there's a plan. :irked:

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I don't see it happening - but it depends on MRs mindset on Pacman. If he expects Pac to return to the team after the suspension, I don't see him making the kind of play for Samuel that it would take to try and get him. I could be wrong, but the FO has been very quiet on the Asante front since the beginning. But yea, could you imagine Hope/Griffin at safety with Samuel and Jones at corner? Our defense could wind up outscoring our offense.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He wants a whole lotta money, Nate Clements type of money. Let him have it, somewhere else. He's never been one of my favorites.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

We'd have a dominant defense...even with the ":clown: genius:rolleyes: " we have as a defensive coordinator. Even he may not be able to screw that combination up....then again, he very well might. :grrhee:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If he is holding out at franchise tag money, I'm wondering what his number is. I don't seeing happening either unless we cut/wholesale trade Pac.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

haha... yea - I think Schwartz is really smart and probably a great defensive mind... BUT he needs to take a page from Norm Chow and learn to adjust his defense to fit the personnel he has.

10. I think if the titans get Samuel, then that's it for Pacman...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar